Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I successfully installed Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5 on my PC. Everything works fine after some kexts installation (Network, Realtek sound, usb 3.0 ports). I have a gtx 660 as GPU; I installed web drivers for 10.13.5 (Following the new procedure )but some glitches appears when starting the system or just after few minutes.
I already tried to enable iGPU from BIOS ( Asus p8z77m-pro ) and the situations seems better now, but some glitches are still here.

I read about other users suffering of these glitches.. is there any solution?

I really appreciate your work, thanks!!

Hi all,

I successfully installed Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5 on my PC. Everything works fine after some kexts installation (Network, Realtek sound, usb 3.0 ports). I have a gtx 660 as GPU; I installed web drivers for 10.13.5 (Following the new procedure )but some glitches appears when starting the system or just after few minutes.
I already tried to enable iGPU from BIOS ( Asus p8z77m-pro ) and the situations seems better now, but some glitches are still here.

I read about other users suffering of these glitches.. is there any solution?

I really appreciate your work, thanks!!

This is a known problem in High Sierra with the GTX 660 or 660 Ti, with or without web drivers (The cards should be natively supported and not require the web drivers.). There is no solution at this point.

If you want to continue to use the 660, you either have to move back to Sierra or wait and see if the new MacOS Mojave will fix the problem. Otherwise you may consider getting another card that will work without glitches, such as the AMD RX 560.

This is a known problem in High Sierra with the GTX 660 or 660 Ti, with or without web drivers (The cards should be natively supported and not require the web drivers.). There is no solution at this point.

If you want to continue to use the 660, you either have to move back to Sierra or wait and see if the new MacOS Mojave will fix the problem. Otherwise you may consider getting another card that will work without glitches, such as the AMD RX 560.

Changing the cpu was already one of the hypotheses. What about the gtx 1050?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back