i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz
Graphics
RTX 2070 SUPER
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
GTX 560 Ti or AMD 6870

Simple, what should I go with. I am going to be using Adobe CS6 and light gaming.
14-127-594-Z06
MSI GTX 560 Ti

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127594

14-125-357-TS
AMD 6870

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125357

Win7 Games OSX Lion After Effects

Both cards are correct choice. nVidia for Adobe apps and HD6870 for dual/triple/quadra monitors.

Both cards are correct choice. nVidia for Adobe apps and HD6870 for dual/triple/quadra monitors.

Just for my curiosity:
Assuming you have to choose between to equally powerful cards from nVidia and AMD, what would be the advantages of nVidia (as long as you only use a single card)?
I ask because I noticed that photoshop CS5 recognizes my card as "ATI Radeon HD 5770 OpenGL Engine" and "OpenGL activated" is ticked.
I assumed so far that photoshop (and other Adobe software) would use the GPU regardless whether it´s ATI or nVidia.

Maybe you have a good argument to swap out my 5770 (silent cell) making hardware problems against nVidia, as they seem to be much better supported in ML now and those 7xxx might be a long term construction area...

Just for my curiosity:
Assuming you have to choose between to equally powerful cards from nVidia and AMD, what would be the advantages of nVidia (as long as you only use a single card)?
I ask because I noticed that photoshop CS5 recognizes my card as "ATI Radeon HD 5770 OpenGL Engine" and "OpenGL activated" is ticked.
I assumed so far that photoshop (and other Adobe software) would use the GPU regardless whether it´s ATI or nVidia.

Maybe you have a good argument to swap out my 5770 (silent cell) making hardware problems against nVidia, as they seem to be much better supported in ML now and those 7xxx might be a long term construction area...
I have just followed the others... lots of people here recommend nVidia card because that "CUDA cores"...:rolleyes: and the advantages of in Adobe apps. But I agree with you that it's fine which card we use. There were "problems" or this is not really problem instead a workaround to get unsupported AMD cards work in CS6. Maybe it was "hard" for others or I don't know and because this we recommend nVidia cards because they work OBB in these kind of applications.

I don't know too much about these things since I don't have a Hackintosh or an nVidia card.
Most of my knowledge about Hackintoshes are from the users experience through the net and from here.

Sorry if I was not very usable information source.:mrgreen:

Having not the right questions doesn't make searching easier...
Here is something that I found indicating towards that it might not make any difference (any more?) whether to use nVidia (CUDA) or AMD (OpenGL, CL) on Photoshop.
http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PhotoShop.htm
Could be different on certain plug ins and on Premiere, but that is beyond my horizon for now.

Edit: I should add that nVidia is of course using OpenGL/Cl also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back