Contribute
Register

GTX 650 Installation and System Definitions Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parts arrived last night, built my system and my 650 appears to be working flawlessly out of box without any AGPM edits. Does the issue only happen on certain youtube videos or all of them? If only certain ones, can someone post a link to one that's affected?

For me its all and any flash video on the internet (HTML5 video work fine). I have yet to try playing games (TF2) with it. I did however install the GTX 650 on a already running system running on a HD3000. Could you guys give me what OS version you are running and what system definitions you are using (as well as anything you installed from multibeast). I am on 10.8.0. I heard there were issues with updating to 10.8.2. Thanks

For me its all and any flash video on the internet (HTML5 video work fine). I have yet to try playing games (TF2) with it. I did however install the GTX 650 on a already running system running on a HD3000. Could you guys give me what OS version you are running and what system definitions you are using (as well as anything you installed from multibeast). I am on 10.8.0. I heard there were issues with updating to 10.8.2. Thanks

Certainly. I'm running iMac 12,2 on 10.8.2. Its a clean install, this machine was not upgraded from 10.8.0/10.8.1 and I never set up my HD4000. The only thing GPU related I set up in multibeast was GraphicsEnabler=no.

Flash video works flawless, as do games (tested with Sauerbraten: Cube 2).

SUCESS!
...Kind of. I switched my system definition back to MacPro 3,1 and everything works 100% as far as I can see. Flash video etc. Only thing remaining is that the fan noise is still a little loud. Not sure if I will be needing that APGM edit or not.

SUCESS!
...Kind of. I switched my system definition back to MacPro 3,1 and everything works 100% as far as I can see. Flash video etc. Only thing remaining is that the fan noise is still a little loud. Not sure if I will be needing that APGM edit or not.

Did your card run full speed the moment you power or the moment you boot into OS X ?

Did your card run full speed the moment you power or the moment you boot into OS X ?

Yeah pretty much, I have 2 Noctua NF-S12s and a Coolermaster GenminII S524 and I can hear the GPU fan over both from start up.

I have no idea, I only own Macs and my hackintosh (I don't own a copy of windows). Probably would be helpful.

I have no idea, I only own Macs and my hackintosh (I don't own a copy of windows). Probably would be helpful.

You are usingmacpro3,1 becos your system KP when using macpro 4,1 or 5,1 ?

I've read that 4,1 and 5,1 KPed and I do not have a backup of my system right now (need to run out and get another drive). So right now I am going to stick with whats working because I cannot afford a KP right now. I can still try using a AGPM edit right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back