Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Right,

My GTX 570 is working great at the moment but the HDMI output doesn't work. It's not a major problem as I'm using DVI but it would be nice to get this working.

Has anyone with the 570 or any 5xx series managed to get the HDMI working? If so how did you do it?

Thanks.

Did you follow all the points in the guide as from what i have heard, if lion shows under graphics that it is a gtx 570 then all outputs should work in theory. Here is a link to the guide i am talking about http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=260074 and also on tonymac viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25858. Hope this helps in some way, I am myself trying to get my GTX 580 working( installing lion now)

Yeah I followed that guide. My graphics card is detected as a GTX 570 1280mb even before doling any of the geforce kext edits.

Could u explain how You installed Lion. Not the install process itself just about the graphic card. As i was unable to lion with my gtx580 i tried -x and pcirootuid=1 but it would just hang on the apple logo. I was able to install though with my 8600gt which was full working. I then edited the kexts for my gtx580 and rebuild/restart but when it starts to load with my Gtx 580 i hear the sound enable but then it kernal panics or something and freezes when it is about to enter the desktop. It is really pissing me off as i dont want to use a helper card. Kind Regards

Boot with -v, it's impossible to diagnose your problem without an error code.

I did do that and either it would stop on pci configure or it would try to start lion and freeze at the desktop loading(white screen). It is wierd but I will try some more this weekend hopefully get it fully working.

Bump, anybody have HDMI working with GTX570?

My evga 570 sc mini hdmi works fine when i used 2 monitors 1 on the dvi and 1 on hdmi.

@quadcore14 you should add npci=0x2000 to ur apple.boot plist to get it to pass that pci conf. Error

Hope this helps

Does anybody have a solution to this?

Could it involve creating a GFX String with OSx86Tools? Using a custom NVCAP string?

Mac OS detects my card as "nVidia Graphics Card 128MB" but I have QE/CI, coverflow working, minecraft, etc. works. Could it not be detecting it correctly?

I'd love to have HDMI working as that is the way that I'm planning on hooking my monitor up when I move soon.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back