Contribute
Register

GTX 560Ti Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just updated 10.7.1 to 10.7.3 and I have a problem with GTX 560 ti.

The kext NVDAGF100Hal.kext boots, the resolution is ok, but it seems that hardware acceleration is off now (6 fps on cinemabench, while it use to be about 50). Old config had GraphicsEnabler=No and EFI string out of OSX86 tools. I have tried using different combinations of GraphicsEnabler, EFI, and kexts from 10.7.1, 10.7.3. I even updated Chimera to the latest one, but no joy still.

Any ideas are really appreciated!

Hello friend.

I use Asus GTX 560 Direct CU (not Ti), but I noticed something from my experiments.

1) I run Multibeast and selected:

2) "NVDIA GF100 Fermi Patches" and clicked on "Open ClEnabler 10.7.0." (first option)

3) Repaired kexts and permissions with Kext Wizard

4) Rebooted and run Cinebenchmark.

Final conclusion: I had 46.5 frames now rather than having 21.6 without this solution.

I DO NOT SWEAR this is gonna work for you, but try it out. I had to do a lot of kext repairs throughout my experiments...

As for the resolution, I found already patched kexts for my graphics card and worked!

Take care! :wave:

Final conclusion: I had 46.5 frames now rather than having 21.6 without this solution.
I DO NOT SWEAR this is gonna work for you, but try it out. I had to do a lot of kext repairs throughout my experiments...

46 fps in CineBench seems kinda slow. My Gigabyte 6850 does 55 under Lion and 95 under Win 7 64 bit, the 560 should be a way better card right?

mcdreamer said:
mcdreamer said:
IsaacKingsley said:
0x120010de&0xffc0ffff

that the code you added?

Yes, I tried adding that code to the IOPCIPrimaryMatch key as well as removing that and adding just a IOPCIMatch key (as in jpa's post viewtopic.php?p=167567#p167567).

In the end I reinstalled Lion and got it working using the steps half way down this page http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... &start=500. I'm pretty sure that my problem was related to not repairing my permissions using Multibeast. Anyway, I'm pretty happy now - only audio support to go!

What exactly did you take away from that link? i've tried most everything google will can find regarding 560 ti hackintosh, and that link is the only thing i shy away from cuz i dont know wut the heck to do. it has become my last option before returning my card, your help would be much appreciated!

Hello, does anyone has managed to make it work in combination with a processor Ivy Bridge and with version 10.7.4 of Mac os Lion?

I was just about to try all the tutorials on this site to run this card but unfortunately I get stuck on 1024x768 resolution?

I should switch back to version 10.7.3?

Thanks for your helps.

tagsOf said:
Hello, does anyone has managed to make it work in combination with a processor Ivy Bridge and with version 10.7.4 of Mac os Lion?

I was just about to try all the tutorials on this site to run this card but unfortunately I get stuck on 1024x768 resolution?

I should switch back to version 10.7.3?

Thanks for your helps.

Use the NVidia - Drivers, with those the 560Ti works OOB. You also need to enable AGPM by changing from the MacPro3,1 identifier to some other and inserting the GPU id and g-state infos into the AGPM info.plist file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back