Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z170-D3H
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
HD530 & GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
To begin with, I have a fully working Lion system, while in Lion I do get the occasional driver hangs with the GTX 550 Ti, but only when I'm using a ton of Flash-based stuff and have games/videos open at the same time.

After numerous reinstalls and trying anything and everything I can think of, I still can't seem to install ML on an SSD. I've tried the "plug out your graphics card" trick, but that didn't work. Also, my integrated card's an Intel HD3000.

The problem I have is after the first boot, as when I restart the NVDA driver hangs (times out) just before loading the desktop, meaning garbled image. This happens on every single boot.

I know that most have somehow gotten past this but are still getting the same hangs after using things like QuickTime or iTunes in fullscreen etc.

Now, I've tested this a few times and can confirm it: if I install ML on an older, much slower HDD (SATA), I seem to be able to boot in to ML every single time. I'm not doing ANYTHING differently with the SSD and HDD, in fact, I even cloned the HDD to the SSD, just to be sure. Sure enough, booting with the cloned SSD I still get the driver hang.

What in the name of Jobs could be causing this, as this makes no sense whatsoever?

If you can boot in safe mode try install the Trim support kext in multibeast. If you can't boot try your ssd in a different sata port. I couldn't boot from ssd if it was plugged into sata 3 but could from sata 2

I can boot into safemode without any problems and I've already installed Trim Enabler (and can confirm that Trim is enabled). But after leaving safemode, I'm stuck on the beachball and system logs always have a line (or multiple lines) about the NVDA driver crashing.

I can boot into safemode without any problems and I've already installed Trim Enabler (and can confirm that Trim is enabled). But after leaving safemode, I'm stuck on the beachball and system logs always have a line (or multiple lines) about the NVDA driver crashing.

Ive had a lot of problems with mountain lion before. i figured out it was something to do with the NVIDIA kexts i had in Lion (Lion ran rock solid).
check this thread i made for more info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/62082-asus-sabertooth-x58-mountain-lion.html

i would try going back to Lion, deleting any kext that start with 'NVDA.... 'and 'GeForce....' and then upgrade to mountain lion. a lot of users are having problems with the 550ti. this helped me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back