i7-920
Graphics
GTX 480
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Has anyone gotten it to work with a Fermi card?

I have some weird picture tearing, like whole sections are displaced diagonally. The game doesn't crash or anything, the colors are good, just the final picture is heavily mixed up.

Attachments

• IMG_20111119_214216.jpg
    IMG_20111119_214216.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 280
I have the same problem?
any solution?

I have the same problem, GTX 580. Graphics are otherwise smooth, once you get into it, but graphic tearing persists after changing the resolution (which was hard to do when you can barely see what you are doing...). :banghead: Other games seem fine: Portal, StarCraft II. I'm gonna try it in windowed mode next to see if it works that way, but I can't find the setting because of the graphic tearing...

EDIT:
Yes, problem persists in window mode... :thumbdown:

Attachments

• Screen capture 5.png
    Screen capture 5.png
    919.5 KB · Views: 278
Just installed Showtime, the problem is still there. Not sure really how to fix it.

*bump*

Surely, somebody has tried a tweaked or updated driver, or found a way around this problem for this game. Or does nobody play The Sims on a hackintosh with a fermi card?

This is bizarre.

Wish I had a suggestion, but I don't. Is this problem only found on Hackintoshes?

This is an interesting topic, as I've just recently acquired a GTX 480 and my wife is playing Sims 3 as we speak on a Mac Mini. Curious to see if anyone has any answers for this.

Oh my gawd, this needs a bump! I just got around to getting this game again, and I have the same problem! I can't do diddly squat.

550ti with cuda and tonymac nvidia drivers!

Edit: Also, would this happen on an Nvidia 210 as well? I built a computer for my friend with spare parts, and I could trade out the 210 I gave him for my "better" card. I've already done it a few times before I got Lion, since 550ti didn't play nice with SL.

Edit edit: From what I'm reading, the 210 isn't Fermi, is it? Therefore it shouldn't have a problem?

I have EVERY SINGLE expansion and most updates, this doesn't seem to be fixed yet. I'll try out the latest ones and report back.

*bump* (again...)

No problems with most games, still... Even Diablo III when it came out was beautiful on my hackintosh.

Seems to be limited to Fermi cards only, and not a problem on a true Mac. I tested on two generations of Macbook Pro, and it's not reported anywhere online but here, that I can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back