Graphics
PNY GTX 670
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am going to be swapping my gtx 470 from my current pc into my new hackintosh build. I saw that ML now suports this card natively, but do I still need to do anything to get it up and running? (install kexts, e.t.c?) and if so, can you please advise resources how to do so. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BUMP - or did you fiond anything out? I'm having graphics issues with my GTX470's on 10.8.2

It should work fine with GraphicsEnable= Yes, be sure to use the 10.8.2 12C60 Nvidia kext (I think they are version something like 295.XX.XX) dont use the new 304.XX.XX builds from Nvidia Web package or from the new mac mini, mabookr air update they broke my GTX 460 and start to have some freeze.

Good luck

do you know where i can get this legacy driver from?

Me too, do you know where i can get this legacy driver from? my 470 normally frezee many times thanks.....

I am going to be swapping my gtx 470 from my current pc into my new hackintosh build. I saw that ML now suports this card natively, but do I still need to do anything to get it up and running? (install kexts, e.t.c?) and if so, can you please advise resources how to do so. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pop in the card and you should be good to go. I'm running an ENGTX 470 with 10.8.2 just fine.

You'll just need GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

here what it looks like in system profiler for my 2nd GTX470 - only reads 1mb VRAM whereas the other reads 1280MB 2nd GTX470.png

i think this is the reason FCP 10.0.6 keeps crashing on me plus various other video intensive application

Every get a resolution to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back