Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 UD
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
WX 4100
Hi everyone,

I've just upgraded my graphics card from GeForce 8400GS to a GeForce GTX 470 and I've got a weird anomaly happening in Photoshop CS6. I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar card in their Hackintosh and could replicate my fault.

Basically it occurs when you create a 3D layer in Photoshop CS6 and then try and adjust the 'Depth of Field' slider. Whenever I attempt to move the slider, I get a crash. All the other 3D functionality appears to work fine, just the depth of field slider.

It worked fine with the 8400GS card, but as soon as I upgraded it stopped working. I've tried using the official Nvidia drivers on 10.6.8, then with a clean install of Lion with the Apple native drivers and the Multibeast Open CL fix. I've also tried on the lowest 3D acceleration setting (with Open CL turned off) in Photoshop's settings. Always the same problem with this particular card and program. The rest of Creative Suite appears to run fine.

Has anyone with a Hackintosh, a GTX 470 and Photoshop CS6 had a similar experience, or could they replicate the fault? I can't think why the GTX would have problems with something that the 8400GS managed fine.

Thanks in advance!

Same here wit GTX 470, 10.7.4 and Photoshop CS6. nvidia official drivers installed.

Cheers for the reply Aedon. That's interesting (and will prevent me from attempting a fix myself).

I wonder if it's specifically Hackintosh/GTX driver related or just a generic Mac/GTX 470 driver issue with Photoshop. If I knew it was the latter, I could escalate it to Adobe.

Same here with GTX 470, 10.7.4 and latest driver (1.3.4.0 (270.00.00f06)).

To make it sure you would need a confirming statement from e.g. a GTX 480 owner.

AFAIK there is no official GTX for MAC. So if GTX' rom needs patching such statement won't help you for comparison. Nevertheless crash log attached

Attachments

• crashlog.txt
    93 KB · Views: 309
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back