AMD
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I have a fully working system, based on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and i7 2600K, OSX 10.7.2.

I was using the onboard HD3000 graphics with the ability to sleep and wake up just fine.

Now installed nVidia GTX 470, with 2 displays on DVI. When I put system to sleep I have 2 problems:
1. Most of the time system wakes up by itself after few seconds.
2. On both auto and manual wake up, I get no display. It seems that the main display is turnded off, second display in standby mode and I can't see anything. Only solution is to restart.

I haven't done any other changes so I guess the problem is with the graphic card.

For drivers, I installed only CUDA driver, no nVidia as I'm using the latest Chimera and the card is recognized with acceleration. Should I install driver to solve problem? any other solution?

Are you using Snow Leopard or Lion?

With snow leopard, I used the NVidia driver, and that is it. Worked perfect.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/11/ ... -os-x.html -Should be all you need.

With Lion, It was naturally supported after a clean install. No drivers or anything.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

I would take off the CUDA driver, and just do the NVidia one. Thats what I did. I was thinking I didn't need any drivers, but maybe xMove grabbed them (from SL) previous to the clean install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back