Contribute
Register

Gtx 470 boot up to black screen. Mountain lion! Assistance please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify on what I'm trying to accomplish,
I'd like to set it up, so I don't have to manually enter any code when restarting.

I have had it set as GE=No, and GE=Yes on the org. in Extras and they both don't let me boot properly.
Is there something I'm missing?

I appreciate your knowledgeable answers, guys.

what he was saying is if delete the graphics enabler lines in the org. it should boot without typing anything.waiting to see your results.

Ah okay.
If I delete it, it will be Ge=Yes, and I have already tried that, and it doesn't boot...
I'm not home right now, and I'll try deleting it as soon as I get home; hopefully it will boot by deleting it. :D\

*Edit to confirm, deleting the GE line doesn't do anything for me. :-/ It boots to a black screen.

i did a test just to see if this would work and it does however it boots 25 secs slower.here is a copy of my org.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    689 bytes · Views: 251
i did a test just to see if this would work and it does however it boots 25 secs slower.here is a copy of my org.
Thank you for posting your Org.

It is quite weird, as I have removed the GE=Yes and my system doesn't boot at all.
Probably there is something else that needs to be done...
I'll keep trying and testing new suggestions.

Thank you.

ok i have done a lot of research on your gtx 470 most of them all have issues but one and he was kind enough to upload his org.here it is if you notice he didnt use pcirootuid=o sorry this is all i could find.

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/dsdt.aml</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,1)</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=X86_64 darkwake=0 blacklist=0 busratio=42 npci=0x3000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Embed</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>4</string

Wow! Thank you for doing all the work for me. I truly appreciate all your help. :)

I'll go ahead and test some of the lines to see what kind of results I get.

(I wonder if I should create my own DSDT in order for my gpu to be more compatible...Edit: Never mind, I found out I shouldn't have to)

Anybody know how do I enable SLI on Multibeast?

I am running two Gtx 470 right now, but only one has its full memory, the second GPU shows only 1MB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

you could try GraphicsEnabler=yes with PCIRootUID=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back