Graphics
gt 630
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I will try this today, damn this maybe saved me money, was going to buy a cheaper gfx card.

will check it(iboot-ge) later :)

I have followed the guide of Iboot-Ge and had a succesfull installation, but system profiler show wrong info on the gtx400 1 gb. The other information looks good, but not the grafiks.
'

What should I do to succed with gtx400.

By the way I used a family Snow Leopard 10.6.3.

I have installed, the nvidia updater and tried the nvidia quadro 4000 for mac no luck.

Did you follow the stickie guide to the t? Installed, updated to 10.6.5, then rand multibeast, then ran the tonymacx86 version of the nvidia driver, THEN rebooted? When i followed those steps like that, I get it identified properly. Just no video game use.

do you use gtx 460? I did:

Installed SL 10.6 and booted with iboot ge. then I ran multibeats with some option.

could somebody tell what to installe from the multibeast.

i've got the same problem...

Installed SL with iboot-GE, ran the 10.6.5 Update and multibeast (Easybeast), restart, nvidia updater, restart but nothing changed.

Got the resolution of 1024x768 and instead of 1gb profiler says that the graphics card just has got 64mb...

sound is another point...

me too and it freezez when i do multitasking between programs

sTripe said:

Installed SL with iboot-GE, ran the 10.6.5 Update and multibeast (Easybeast), restart, nvidia updater, restart but nothing changed.

Got the resolution of 1024x768 and instead of 1gb profiler says that the graphics card just has got 64mb...

In your com.apple.boot.plist, add this after the line where "GraphicsEnabler" is located :

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

For example :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

You need root privileges to do this, or use PListEdit Pro.
If the value "1" doesn't work for you, try with "0".
It fixed the problem for me, with a GTX 460 too.
Hope it will help.

yes it works!

found it in another thread... So my EVGA GTX460 SC is working fine.

Thanks!

jugger said:
sTripe said:

In your com.apple.boot.plist, add this after the line where "GraphicsEnabler" is located :

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

For example :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

You need root privileges to do this, or use PListEdit Pro.
If the value "1" doesn't work for you, try with "0".
It fixed the problem for me, with a GTX 460 too.
Hope it will help.

Hmm thanks I will try that. I noticed when downloading the 10.6.5, it says that it requires10.6-10.6.4. I didn download 10.6.4 combo update, and went str8 from 10.6.3.

I didn use the f11 dsdt file but will now

Ill be back at this threat later report back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back