Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to why I am getting such a low OpenGL score in Cinebench 11.5 with a GTX 285?

23.67 fps

My install went very smoothly, and my multibeast 3.0.3 configuration is as follows:

UserDSDT Install
System Utilities
Realtek ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
64-bit Apple Boot Screen

I also installed Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx Driver, and have upgraded to 10.6.6 via Software Update with no problems.

Simbios is MacPro 3,1. AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext is not loaded. I downloaded and installed the Nvidia CUDA driver 3.2.17 for Mac. NVEnabler doesn't change performance but causes 'unkown nvidia card' to appear in System Profiler.

I documented my install in the User Builds section:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=10353

See signature for full spec.

As I built the machine for photo and video editing, I would really like to get the GPU working as best it can.

My GTX480 gets 27.6fps.

If i removethe graphicspowerthingy.kext i get 33.5fps.

We need "proper" gaming/system drivers from Nvidia not just quadro drivers.

waffle head said:
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to why I am getting such a low OpenGL score in Cinebench 11.5 with a GTX 285?

23.67 fps

My install went very smoothly, and my multibeast 3.0.3 configuration is as follows:

UserDSDT Install
System Utilities
Realtek ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
64-bit Apple Boot Screen

I also installed Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx Driver, and have upgraded to 10.6.6 via Software Update with no problems.

Simbios is MacPro 3,1. AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext is not loaded. I downloaded and installed the Nvidia CUDA driver 3.2.17 for Mac. NVEnabler doesn't change performance but causes 'unkown nvidia card' to appear in System Profiler.

I documented my install in the User Builds section:
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=10353

See signature for full spec.

As I built the machine for photo and video editing, I would really like to get the GPU working as best it can.

hi waffle,

you have the normal "score open gl" for gtx285 under mac osx
- this card is realy powerfull for 2d encoding video and graphics editings, realy good choise for professionnal stuf...
- cinebench doesn't bench that it's just 3d test
- for 3d and gaming it's not a good choice....
- being on mac also :twisted:

I had the same result but i did succesfully passed my overcloking setting...
on a i920:
- cpu bus from 133 to 160
- manual ratio x36
- changing X10 to X8 setting for RAM clock to keep the same frequency
( i'm in 1333mhz) but probably you can pass that with your 1600mhz ram)
- keep pcie to 100mhz frequency

with that OC i'm at 29fps so like 20% better
system is stable with cool temperature on the same coolermaster cm690 as you

Cinebench effected by cpu a lot

my i3-530@default +5770 1g i got 20~21fps,
cpu oc to 4Ghz i got 30+ fps.
and in windows 7 its 40+ fps,

i thought lots people get looooow fps in osx with pooooor opengl

Ok thanks guys - I'm reassured that my OpenGL score is normal in that case.

I'll attempt an OC once I sort my cooling out - I think I applied the TIM wrong as I'm idling at 45-50c and under load with Prime95 for an hour hitting 78-80c - so I'll be taking off the Mugen, reapplying the paste, putting it back on and testing temps first.

I thought the GTX 285 might fare better in 3D, guess I was wrong about that. What would be the best card for working in 3D in Adobe CS5 then? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back