Contribute
Register

GTX 1080 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it.

Would I have to boot with the X flag?

I'm debating whether or not MAC IS X will EVER have native drivers for Maxwell.

Should we assume no?

If it would have native drivers we probably would have seen them by now. Maxwell cards have been supported since 10.10.0 using the web drivers. It has gotten easier to use one since then though. I never even need to use nv_disable any more when updating macOS. My 970 just works without acceleration, install the drivers and then it works perfectly.

I get it.

Would I have to boot with the X flag?

I'm debating whether or not MAC IS X will EVER have native drivers for Maxwell.

Should we assume no?

Why are you trying to get native support? nVidia is still writing drivers for Maxwell even for macOS Sierra. The future is unknown, they may stop writing drivers in 10.13 (which will come out this fall).

As long as it works right now, use it.

Feel so sad about current Mac, iMacs are lack of power, MacPro is lack of update and no hope from Apple side, so sad, so sad....

I am buying this card as soon as one with double fan is out. I see it is essentially a Titan X so I assume it will works very soon. Anybody has tested this card yet on SIERRA?

Thanks

I have the GTX 1080ti working on my OS Sierra Hackintosh thanks to Nvidias latest drivers for mac. Currently testing stability with the Cuda driver on Premiere Pro 2017.

I have the GTX 1080ti working on my OS Sierra Hackintosh thanks to Nvidias latest drivers for mac. Currently testing stability with the Cuda driver on Premiere Pro 2017.

I bought THE ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX and it works great

@Raddles how thid card perform in Premiere on you Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back