Graphics
Radeon 5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi !

I've been struggling with my hackintosh build for some time and did not manage to find full answers thru my long forum researches. Let's hope some of you guys might be able to ligthen up my dark path to a steady build :)

Since I own a gtx 1080, and considering the fact that it may not ever be supported by mac os, I got my hands on a AMD HD7870 mac friendly.

When only AMD gpu is plugged, everything works out of the box (which is pretty cool !!). But when plugging my 1080, sometimes it boots up, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes I get some freeze/crash during mac os using.

My main video output (in bios) is set to AMD7870.

When I try to boot using the the AMD7870 while the 1080 is plugged in, I got a the OsxAptioFix2Drv error which is results in :
OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for /System/library/CoreServices/boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
error allocaton 0x12757 pages at 00X000000001de3e000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 secondes before exiting..."

When only 1080 is plugged in, I might be able to boot without any video acceleration and some animation/video issues.

Anyone here could provide som help understanding what's happening in there ? and what could fix what seems to be a memory allocation issue ?

Thanks guys for your support, hoping this case may help others to get 1080 in there hackintosh hybrid builds ;)

Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x03 in Clovers config.plist.
If that doesn't work, try using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back