Contribute
Register

GTX 1070Ti install Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case, I am happy.

Thanks again for your help.
Hi, im considerring a 1070 Ti also for my new hackintosh build. Does ik perform as expected? No compatibility issues yet?

Hi!

I have got the same problem that my GTX 1070ti is not being recognized correctly.
OSX says its "nvidia graphics device"

Trying out different programs that use the GPU for rendering, for example, will give me an error or won't start.
Octanebench or TurbulanceFD for Cinema4D are two examples.
So, unfortunately it's not just cosmetic for me.

I am on the latest OSX Sierra version and got the latest driver for Sierra as well.

Is it possible that the drivers for Sierra are not up to date?
This post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-high-sierra-10-13-2-378-10-10-10-25.239852/) for the new HighSierra drivers say the drivers are for the new 1070ti.

Thanks

Hi!

I have got the same problem that my GTX 1070ti is not being recognized correctly.
OSX says its "nvidia graphics device"

Trying out different programs that use the GPU for rendering, for example, will give me an error or won't start.
Octanebench or TurbulanceFD for Cinema4D are two examples.
So, unfortunately it's not just cosmetic for me.

I am on the latest OSX Sierra version and got the latest driver for Sierra as well.

Is it possible that the drivers for Sierra are not up to date?
This post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-high-sierra-10-13-2-378-10-10-10-25.239852/) for the new HighSierra drivers say the drivers are for the new 1070ti.

Thanks

Same problem here. Did you fix the issue or we can only update to High Sierra?

I have the 1070 Ti working with Sierra but it does label it as "NVIDIA Graphics Device 8191 MB". Everything works pretty well. Messages and safari crash a lot due to the Webkit error and the system occasionally crashes with the Nvidia kexts as the culprit. I wonder if it is any better on High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back