Motherboard
ASUS Z170M Plus
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Hey guys , I got a system working over t he weekend and installed nvidia web drivers . Both monitors working.

Was just wondering, at the loading screen with the apple, it goes to around about halfway.

Then on the main screen after it gets to about half way, it turns off, and then turns back on and the login menu appears on the mac os. At this point the second screen recieves a signal and displays the walpaper of the mac desktop.

I have a macbook pro 2015, and during the apple loading phase, the laptop screen doesn't turn off, it just keeps loading until the bar is full and the screen fades into the mac os login page.

Is what I'm experiencing on my pc system normal ? Or is there a way to make this smoother?
I'm using the Mac 17,1 Profile

Many thanks

Last edited:
This is normal for a GPU that does not have native support. What you are seeing is the Nvidia Web drivers taking over as they load and the card initializing.

This is normal for a GPU that does not have native support. What you are seeing is the Nvidia Web drivers taking over as they load and the card initializing.
Ok thanks a bunch!
Just to make sure.What do you mean by a natively supported graphics card? Do you mean as in the ones in actual mac systems or a different type of card?

Cheers again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back