gtx 1050 0mb vram

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5 8300H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1050
Hello,

I Have a Dell G3 laptop with UHD 630 and GTX 1050, I understand that optimus technology dont work on hackintosh but on this notebook the gtx 1050 is directed connected to the HDMI like this example in the FAQ

Q. Is there a way to make Radeon or Nvidia graphics work in my dual-GPU laptop?

Not if the discrete card is not dedicated (eg. tied to the Intel device).

The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches. See the prior question.

If your discrete device (AMD Radeon or Nvidia) is not routed through the Intel GPU, then it is considered dedicated. Some laptops have the internal display connected to the Intel GPU and the external HDMI/DP port connected to the discrete graphics device. It is rare, but in that case you would be able to get the device to work with the external display with proper kexts and correct configuration, much like a dual-GPU desktop setup.

I am running High sierra 10.13.6, installed the correct nvidia webgraphics and it recognizes the gtx but it has 0mb vram

Chipset Model: NVIDIA Chip Model

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x8

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 0 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x1c8d

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0

Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3

I am using clover, the Inject nvidia is false and the Nvidiaweb is on, my config.plist is on the attachments.

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.3 KB · Views: 119
Hello,

I Have a Dell G3 laptop with UHD 630 and GTX 1050, I understand that optimus technology dont work on hackintosh but on this notebook the gtx 1050 is directed connected to the HDMI like this example in the FAQ

I am running High sierra 10.13.6, installed the correct nvidia webgraphics and it recognizes the gtx but it has 0mb vram

Chipset Model: NVIDIA Chip Model

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x8

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 0 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x1c8d

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0

Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3

I am using clover, the Inject nvidia is false and the Nvidiaweb is on, my config.plist is on the attachments.
does your external display work via hdmi like this or is it just internal display??

Also in this scenario "Some laptops have the internal display connected to the Intel GPU and the external HDMI/DP port connected to the discrete graphics device" would gaming on the discrete device be impossible on internal display (in windows of course) which is why they run it through the igpu?

does your external display work via hdmi like this or is it just internal display??

On Windows the internal display shows on the Intel and the external display only shows on the nvidia

On Windows the internal display shows on the Intel and the external display only shows on the nvidia
Thats the same as mine, in macos ive only managed to get internal display and usbc video output, hdmi and mini display are disabled as connected to the nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back