Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P55-UD3
CPU
i5
Graphics
GTS250
Hey guys,

Just doing a few tweaks on my system. Found that changing from iMac to Mac Pro took my Cinebench FPS from 8-9 to 30-31. I've got a hex output for my card to put into the boot.plist, but not sure if I should worry about it. Will I get any more performance?

At the moment I've got the machine running in 64bit with NVenabler.

Also.. The machine takes a lot longer to boot up in 64bit.. I'm guessing that's because the kexts might not be optimised for 64bit as much?

Cheers!

Just removed NVenabler and graphics enabler, and put my own hex string into boot.plist. Graphics card shows as GTS250, but no change in performance. Seems to boot quicker now though.

Top effort :D

THANK YOU!

thank you for this honestly, I had been wondering why my new GTS250 was not performing well at all. HD movies would chop up, full res image processing was slow. Sure enough I had my smbios as iMac and after i switched it there is a HUGE diff.

Was there any other tweaks that you saw helped improve the performance of your benchmarks?

if anyone else has any contributions please do comment

btw what was the hex code you used to get the graphics card to show up?

could you share your steps on how you did it?

I've got a boot.plist file I can upload here if you like. It has a hex string so you can remove NVEnabler. Works really well.

I've got the same card as you, but I can't seem to get the HDMI port to work at all. It also doesn't do TV out. I'm trying to figure out how to get this running, and so far have had no luck.

I've tried different NVEnablers, different hexes, nvinject, with no luck.

yeah man - the HDMI port doesn't work for me either. I tried using it for a dual display and it locks up my system.

please upload the hex and if you could give me instructions thru MultiBeast that would be much appreciated

cheers

Here's my boot file

Attachments

• com.apple.Boot.plist
    2.5 KB · Views: 204
speeding_ant said:
I've got a boot.plist file I can upload here if you like. It has a hex string so you can remove NVEnabler. Works really well.

I've got the same card as you, but I can't seem to get the HDMI port to work at all. It also doesn't do TV out. I'm trying to figure out how to get this running, and so far have had no luck.

I've tried different NVEnablers, different hexes, nvinject, with no luck.

I don't know if this will work for you because I actually have a Radeon 5770, but I was unable to get the HDMI to work as well until I installed the VooDoo kexts (any of the experimental ones) from Multibeast! It actually kills my rear audio jack on my particular machine, but it allows my headphones to work so I can still get sound to my speakers from the headphone jack. And the HDMI works now! Works well as a matter of fact. I can now use my machine to hookup directly to my 50" Plasma and use it and plex as a media center with just the one cable! Works great! Oh, I had to take out the AppleHDA kext and the HDA enabler or else it will get kernal panics with the voodoo installed at the same time. Safe boot gets you back in though. Let me know if it works for you.

speeding_ant thanks for the boot file. Worked perfect =)

cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back