Graphics
geforce gtx 660 2gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
is there newer drivers or a fix for the random freezes on the nvidia gts 450 / 1gb card? ive read a bunch about it but no real solutions. im running 10.6.7 by the way. will i have to buy a new card?

anybody? ive been up all night trying to find a solution. im almost ready to just buy a new card.

geez im getting no response here or at insanleymac! so the only temp fix i found was to run a low quality vlc video in a loop pattern. one thread suggests flashing another rom to the cards bios? why has nvidia not released new drivers to fix this yet? a ton of users are having issues.

has anybody tried bumping their pci express voltage up to maybe 100mhz instead of auto? might fix the issues. i also read thats unsafe though?

Yeah, my friend, it looks pretty hard the situation. I'm with exactly same here, still waiting too.

Hey I have the same card, and haven't heard any solution either... running the VLC is the safest and frankly harmless... it's just sometimes I forget. lol
anyone else got a solution.. I haven't tried the new Multibeast 3.7 though.. maybe that fixes it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back