AMD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I'm having trouble finding information on whether the GTS250 is a simple drop in card for a 10.7.1 installation? I'm having trouble with my Radeon 6670 not sleeping my display and quite frankly that's pretty unacceptable.

I tried searching threads here and I am coming up with some conflicting information, as well as some information which may be out of date. Some people say the GTS 250 works, while some people say they can't boot it into anything but default resolution.

For reference, I am considering this card: Zotac (ZT-20109-10H) GeForce GTS 250 1GB nVidia GeForce GT 250 Chipset (675Mhz) 1GB GDDR3 2000Mhz Dual Display DVI/HDMI/D-Sub PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card

I'd love any firsthand reports anyone could give me.

Thanks!

I'm not too familiar with the GeForce lineup, so is it safe to assume that if one type of 2xx card works then the rest would do?

Forgive me if it sounds like I'm questioning your answer, I just want to make sure that this card will work 100% instead of bringing home a second card that "should" work but doesn't, like I did with the 6670 that was recommended in one of the build guides :(

Martytoof said:
Hello,

I'm having trouble finding information on whether the GTS250 is a simple drop in card for a 10.7.1 installation? I'm having trouble with my Radeon 6670 not sleeping my display and quite frankly that's pretty unacceptable.

I tried searching threads here and I am coming up with some conflicting information, as well as some information which may be out of date. Some people say the GTS 250 works, while some people say they can't boot it into anything but default resolution.

For reference, I am considering this card: Zotac (ZT-20109-10H) GeForce GTS 250 1GB nVidia GeForce GT 250 Chipset (675Mhz) 1GB GDDR3 2000Mhz Dual Display DVI/HDMI/D-Sub PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card

I'd love any firsthand reports anyone could give me.

Thanks!

first thing would be if you're gonna be using hdmi on gts 250. not sure about lion (you'll have to find the info yourself) but in snow leopard (starting 10.6.3) hdmi output was broken (search in insanelymac.com about g92 gpu no hdmi). dvi as i recall was working and the card was running great.

Only have DVI on my monitor right now, so I should be good.

I might take my 6670 back to the store tomorrow and pick up the GTS250. As long as I can boot into full 1920x1080 with QE/CI I'll probably be happy. Oh any my display needs to sleep again :p

Martytoof said:

I might take my 6670 back to the store tomorrow and pick up the GTS250. As long as I can boot into full 1920x1080 with QE/CI I'll probably be happy. Oh any my display needs to sleep again :p

I'm using a GTS 250 with dual 1920x1080p monitors and full QE/CI support. Sleep works fine as well. Hope that helps make your decision. :D

i cant use my dvi ports too as hdmi?
wut would be problem?
i got 10.7 lion

dianatdesigner said:
i cant use my dvi ports too as hdmi?
wut would be problem?
i got 10.7 lion

try injecting efi stings, i really do remember gts250 working on dvi

chroniX said:
Martytoof said:

I'm using a GTS 250 with dual 1920x1080p monitors and full QE/CI support. Sleep works fine as well. Hope that helps make your decision. :D

chroniX,

What did you have to do to get the GTS 250 working? I have had pretty good luck getting these hand me down nVidia cards running, but this one has me stumped. I can boot into OS X just fine, but I have been unable to get quartz/openCL support. It's stuck at 1024x768.

Thanks!

LAM

EDIT: I just realized this was a Lion thread. Any information would still be a help. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back