GTX 760 / (2) HD4000/ HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
I'm running my hack with both Lion & Snow Leopard (different drives). I rolled back to Snow Leopard to test some bluetooth issues I was having with RemoteBuddy.

I installed Snow Leopard and rev'd it to 10.6.8 combo update 1.1, rebooted, & installed the FERMI drivers for 10.6.8 and set Graphics Enabler to yes. I get full resolution over HDMI and thx to the DSDT edits I made when I was running Lion, I also get HDMI audio OOB.

The only problem is, the fan is almost running at full speed. The fan kicks on as soon as Snow Leopard comes up so it's def an issue when the drivers are loaded. Now in Lion, I did notice that the fan could be quieter but this seems to be very, very loud. Is there a boot setting I'm missing? For reference, I'm running Chameleon 2.1svn r1730 (from Chameleon Wizard). Should I roll back to Chimera? Would that fix this? Thx in advance for any advice.

I have the exact same problem on 10.7.2. I have the same motherboard as well. I am using the EVGA GT 430 1gig. If you figure a fix for this please let me know. Other then the fan the card is working perfectly but the sound is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Ps I have 10.6.8 on my machine as well and it dose the same thing in that as well.

dabigdog said:
I have the exact same problem on 10.7.2. I have the same motherboard as well. I am using the EVGA GT 430 1gig. If you figure a fix for this please let me know. Other then the fan the card is working perfectly but the sound is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Ps I have 10.6.8 on my machine as well and it dose the same thing in that as well.

I've got a solution, albeit a hack.

1.) Read the current BIOS of your card with nvFlash (save as ROM) (I used nvFlash on a USB stick with FreeDOS. save as OFW.rom)

2.) Edit the BIOS with NVIDIA BIOS Editor (NiBiTor) v6.0.3 to lower the fan speed.
I've got mine set to 40% min, 55% max (it was previously 97% max)

3.) Save the modified BIOS (again, as a ROM) as a different name (e.g. mod.rom)

4.) Boot back into FreeDOS and flash the card with the modded rom.

This had a dramatic effect for me. Also looking into the Arctic Cooling fanless cooler to bring noise down even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back