Graphics
Too slow
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was away for a while and saw on the Buyers Guide that it recommends on 740 now. I also read this is because the 760´s are pretty much sold out. Question is, is the 740 the "least problematic" solution for a hackintosh build or is it equal to let say a 970 (the one I want to buy)? I just want as little problems as possible.

I was away for a while and saw on the Buyers Guide that it recommends on 740 now. I also read this is because the 760´s are pretty much sold out. Question is, is the 740 the "least problematic" solution for a hackintosh build or is it equal to let say a 970 (the one I want to buy)? I just want as little problems as possible.
If you want as few problems as possible get the 740. The 970 is not natively supported in OS X any version at this time and requires nVidia web drivers to get it working. You can't update OS X until nVidia comes out with new web drivers for the new version and updating is a PITA.

If you want as few problems as possible get the 740. The 970 is not natively supported in OS X any version at this time and requires nVidia web drivers to get it working. You can't update OS X until nVidia comes out with new web drivers for the new version and updating is a PITA.

Thank you for the answer.
You wrote that if I want "as few problems as possible get the 740", what problems do they create, if any?

Thank you for the answer.
You wrote that if I want "as few problems as possible get the 740", what problems do they create, if any?
You asked for the "least problematic solution" - a fully supported GPU is the least problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back