Contribute
Register

Gt 710 (kepler) not working OOB with Big Sur (but did with Catalina)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus PRIME B550M-A (WI-FI)
CPU
Ryzen 9 5950X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
I'm having issues with this GPU. I had no issue switching a 5700 xt out for it with Catalina. I didn't even change any boot args, kexts, or anything. With Big Sur, I just get 'no signal' when trying to use the card.

I tried messing with the boot args bit , system ID, etc., but nothing. Does anyone know why this would be happening?

It boots with nv_disable=1 , but disables acceleration obviously.

What brand of GT 710 and does it have DDR3 or GDDR5 memory ?

What brand of GT 710 and does it have DDR3 or GDDR5 memory ?
It's Kepler so, DDR3. It's this one: GT 710 1GD3H LPV1. It worked with no issue 4k 30hz over hdmi on catalina.

It's Kepler so, DDR3. It's this one: GT 710 1GD3H LPV1. It worked with no issue 4k 30hz over hdmi on catalina.
So, it's this MSI model ?

The GT 710 still has support in Big Sur. Are you using Clover or Opencore bootloader ?

Attachments

• 1609557902185.png
    1609557902185.png
    272.4 KB · Views: 55
So, it's this MSI model ?

The GT 710 still has support in Big Sur. Are you using Clover or Opencore bootloader ?
Yes. I'm using opencore.

Yes. I'm using opencore.
If you didn't update OpenCore or the kexts before upgrading that's most likely the reason graphics are not working. Not because you are using a GT 710 card. Try using OC 0.6.4 and the newest kexts available.

If you didn't update OpenCore or the kexts before upgrading that's most likely the reason graphics are not working. Not because you are using a GT 710 card. Try using OC 0.6.4 and the newest kexts available.
I intend on making a new installer and updating everything. But regardless, I should be able to drop in the gt 710 at any point and have it work since it works OOB. I don't think updating OC and the kexts will fix it.

im using ga GT 710 1 gb ddr3 card with open core 0.6.4 working 100% with no boot arg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 1.47.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 1.47.27 PM.png
    77 KB · Views: 314
im using ga GT 710 1 gb ddr3 card with open core 0.6.4 working 100% with no boot arg
Everyone running Big Sur 11.1 should be on 0.6.4. It's not like Clover and older editions of macOS, where you could keep using older versions of the Clover bootloader with each point update. Now there are numerous important changes in each point update of OpenCore to make it compatible with the latest point version of Big Sur released to the public.

Last edited:
amigos ayuda, no puedo activar la aceleración gráfica de mi gt 710 msi en catalina y enla información de acerca de este mac no aparece ella referencia de ella
With the GT710 it works OOB but if you are looking for HEVC that don't work with this card, well I could not get it to work anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back