Contribute
Register

GT 610 DDR3 - How recent version of macOS will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use multiboot on the same PC and avoid problems completely by installing a hot swap bay in a front 5.25" port in the front of the case. That way the Windows and macOS drives/ssds are never connected at the same time.

I have this case so don’t think that’s possible
B78DF4D6-A422-4FD1-9CEE-235DCCE41977.jpeg

As your case doesn't have any 5.5" bays, you could use the SSD mounts on the bottom shroud to mount two separate 2.5" drives, one for macOS the other for Windows. Assuming you have the LANCOOL II X case.

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 15.37.38.png

As the bottom shroud is easy to flip down, it would be simple to gain access to these drives, without the need to remove any side panels.

I assume you are showing us the Lian Li case for your 'Other' system, not the case for your HP Pavilion.

As your case doesn't have any 5.5" bays, you could use the SSD mounts on the bottom shroud to mount two separate 2.5" drives, one for macOS the other for Windows. Assuming you have the LANCOOL II X case.

View attachment 525682

As the bottom shroud is easy to flip down, it would be simple to gain access to these drives, without the need to remove any side panels.
Yes. Sure. But I don’t understand how this is any different from what I already had in mind: using a separate ssd for macOS?

The information above was offered as an alternative to the use of an externally accessible Hot-Swap bay/device, which your case can't use.

Is this the case containing the MSI Boston motherboard, or a completely different system?

The information above was offered as an alternative to the use of an externally accessible Hot-Swap bay/device, which your case can't use.

Is this the case containing the MSI Boston motherboard, or a completely different system?
I also have a computer I built with these specs. Maybe I could use it for a dual boot macOS/Windows with the GT710 next to my gaming NVIDIA card (that I know can’t be used with macOS)?

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B450-F
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB LED DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB

You can Hack your AMD system, using the OpenCore guide. But you definitely need a compatible graphics card with that system.

Are you going to try to hack the HP or not?

If you want information/help with the AMD system start a new thread.

You can Hack your AMD system, using the OpenCore guide. But you definitely need a compatible graphics card with that system.

I was told that the HP system wouldn’t work earlier in this thread. I’ve already gone over that with trs96.

Yes, I was thinking I should start a new thread since that’s more constructive for me and anyone else trying the same thing. Thanks!

Just so I know I post everything you need on the AMD system, before starting a new thread, is cpu, mobo, ram and gpu enough?

is cpu, mobo, ram and gpu enough?
Yes, but you can leave out the ram as long as it works with your AMD system. i.e. doesn't cause glitches or any kind of instability.

Yes, but you can leave out the ram as long as it works with your AMD system. i.e. doesn't cause glitches or any kind of instability.
Cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back