Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Goodnight partners!

I bought an EVGA GT 430 graphics card which should arrive this week.

I go to prepare dvd the lion GM. What I use bootcd? Those who have the option to nvenabler will activate this card? What do you recommend me?

How do such a setting for the most efficient way for future updates to Mac? And what method to use and how to update? After I install and configure the lion GM system, can I upgrade to 10.7.1 without any problems?

In my setup I will need additional kexts or bootcd will have all? The bootcd comes with the chameleon with its kexts needed?

My hardware:
Motherboard: Phitronics PN73PVS-M
CPU Intel ® Core ™ 2 Duo CPU [email protected]
[GeForce 7100 / nForce 630i]
GeForce 7100/nForce 630i USB
Audio device MCP73 High Definition Audio
SONY DVD RW AD-7200S 1.60 Apr22, 2008

Saw these methods: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/...mac-os-x.html;
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10922;
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/...-os-x-107.html;
viewtopic....GT+430 # p217937;
http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1853.
(Kext is easy to configure? Is there a step by step? If this is the best option.) Among others I found.

I think for the 10.6 methods will not work in 10.7. Am I right?

I saw several methods but do not know what is best for the purposes I mentioned above and, as I've never done any configuration then even the best step by step you have.

For my setup, I'll have to do some extra configuration, out of the bootcd with the chameleon is already automatically out of the GT 430 graphics card?

Where do I start? Which path should I follow? What methods do you use? How to make my video card running at 100% with the motherboard?

Thank you.

I too have a GT430 on my Lion 10.7.2 install.

I can't get full acceleration and can only boot with GraphicsEnabler=No

I have CUDA installed, I installed the latest NVidia divers, I don't know what else to do, but my system as it stands looks crappy with low res video and can barely process HD.

Please help!

Same problem here. With 10.7.2 and the GT 430 I don't have graphics acceleration at all. Very low performance. I used to run Natit.kext to help out with the graphics but now it doesn't seem to work no more

tstrayer said:

I have CUDA installed, I installed the latest NVidia divers, I don't know what else to do, but my system as it stands looks crappy with low res video and can barely process HD.

Please help!
Lion 10.7.2 is the latest drivers. Hopefully, you didn't install any other "latest Nvidia drivers". Boot with the hdmi port, npci=0x2000 and graphicsenabler=yes. These suggestions are based on my EVGA GT430.

toleda said:
tstrayer said:

Please help!
Lion 10.7.2 is the latest drivers. Hopefully, you didn't install any other "latest Nvidia drivers". Boot with the hdmi port, npci=0x2000 and graphicsenabler=yes. These suggestions are based on my EVGA GT430.

I too hope I didn't install other Nvidia drivers, but if I did, what would I do to go about making it "normal" again.

Thanks

Lion 10.7.2 is the latest drivers. Hopefully, you didn't install any other "latest Nvidia drivers". Boot with the hdmi port, npci=0x2000 and graphicsenabler=yes. These suggestions are based on my EVGA GT430.[/quote]

I just solved my problem! I just edited the "NVDAGF100Hal.kext" in S/L/E and added my Nvidia GT 430 Device ID and also edited the "GeForce.kext" also inserting Device ID as read in the first post of this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=261912 tread. After that I removed the Natit.kext from S/L/E which I used from since 10.7.6 till 10.7.1 and Boom... Graphics Acceleration again! I'm not sure if the Kext editing was necessary but only after removing Natit.kext did my Graphics come back.
10.7.2 really already has the latest stuff for our Nvidia Cards. So may you be fortunate too..... :)

toleda said:
tstrayer said:

Please help!

I just solved my problem! I just edited the "NVDAGF100Hal.kext" in S/L/E and added my Nvidia GT 430 Device ID and also edited the "GeForce.kext" also inserting Device ID as read in the first post of this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=261912 tread. After that I removed the Natit.kext from S/L/E which I used from since 10.7.6 till 10.7.1 and Boom... Graphics Acceleration again! I'm not sure if the Kext editing was necessary but only after removing Natit.kext did my Graphics come back.
10.7.2 really already has the latest stuff for our Nvidia Cards. So may you be fortunate too.....

So should I install 10.7 and then install the 10.7.2 combo? All with "GraphicsEnabler = No", right?

And the next updates, can be delta or combo? whatever? Subsequent updates can be done without problems?

Xiao Bing is how you post a step by step tutorial?

Thank you.

Xiao Bing said:
10.7.2 really already has the latest stuff for our Nvidia Cards. So may you be fortunate too.....

Could you expound on this a bit? In System Profiler I see my GT430's device ID as 0x0de1. Is this what I'm inserting? And to where? I see the IOPCIMatch line in the Info.plist file, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing. I have full resolution from my GT430, but no hardware acceleration.

You should add the hardware iD like this:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>
0x06c010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0dc010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x0e2010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0ee010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0f0010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x104010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x124010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x0de110de&amp;0xffc0ffff

Just like I added mine together with the rest of the info (10de&amp;0xffc0ffff) that every line has identical. add it on the bottom of this list like shown above. This is in the VNDAGF100Hal.kext in System/Library/Extensions folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back