Contribute
Register

Grey Screen/Spinning Ball when booting installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question closed, i an use discrete card ( GT 630 )

It worked for me! I got to the installer :D
For those of you who still have issues. I removed all my folders and put just my FakeSMC.kext in the "Other" folder. I booted with -v nv_disable rootless=0 AND I had to select "Boot with injected kext" from the clover screen to get FakeSMC to be used, otherwise it didn't work. Right now my updater is running.
worked

Do you think I would do nv_disable=1 if I use an AMD card instead of NVIDIA? I haven't tried safe mode (-x) or the rootless argument, so I'll try those when i get home. Thanks.
THXXXXXXXXX It work for me!!

After multiple retries and configurations I followed what chrismartino suggested,

Re-copied the config.plist to /EFI/CLOVER
Removed all 10.X folders from /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS and copied the FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement & AppleIntelE1000e kexts into the Other folder.

Booted into Clover, ran the installer in verbose and no more grey screen was able to install.

Although, after installing initially the drive OSX is installed too wasn't appearing in Clover so run the installer again not in verbose mode to finalise the install.

All is now working great for myself, hopefully the new Unibeast will be released shortly to fix some of these bugs.

Cheers,
chris

I only had FakeSMC and I just moved that to the "Other" folder, disabled the nvidia graphic by adding: nv_disable=1 and the installation started. Thanks a lot!

Sorry for reviving this thread - but where can I select "Boot with injected kext" from the clover screen? I don't see that option!

Sorry for reviving this thread - but where can I select "Boot with injected kext" from the clover screen? I don't see that option!
Maybe what you are looking for is inside the "System Parameters" menu. Then you select "Inject Kexts" to "Yes".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back