Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys I can install OS X 10.6.0 on my computer not a problem, pretty much everything is working apart from the graphics drivers (i3 350/HD3000), to get the graphics to work at a proper resolution I heard that you need to be on 10.6.8 or higher as thats when HD3000 support began. I install 10.6.8(/7) in the normally manner, run the update helper, reboot, open multibeast, run the update and then install what you need from multibeast. This all works with seemingly no problems. Upon reboot the system hangs on the grey apple logo (The most I waited was 30 minutes) I have tried this install method multiple times with both the 10.6.8 and 10.6.7 combo updates. Is this a kernel panic? How can I fix this?

This is what it looks like when it gets stuck:
scaled.php

I ran in verbose mode and it seems to get stuck on this line:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

If there is no way for me to update to 10.6.8 can i get intel HD3000 support in 10.6.0 or can I force the computers resolution to go higher than 1080x720 without the full graphics support?

Thanks,
TomByrne94

Re: Problem booting after updating from 10.6.0 - 10.6.8/7

iPinas said:
If you want to use HD3000 you have to upgrade to Lion.
HD3000 is supported in Lion only.

I know this, but to upgrade to Lion I first need to upgrade from 10.6.0 -> 10.6.8 and this is where the problem occurs. I don't have an 8GB+ flash drive to install lion using unibeast either...

Try to borrow from your friends or buy a cheap graphics card that is known to work in Snow Leopard 10.6.8, purchase Lion in App Store and upgrade to Lion via X Move method.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/xmove-multibeast-install-os-x-107-lion.html

UniBeast is the preferred method now but I guess it will still work...

Hope that helps. I can't find something that will make the HD3000 work on Snow Leo.
Try to borrow a graphics card from your friends first and see if your system will still hang on boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back