Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Grey Screen for final stage of installing Mojave - hp probook 6470b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 6470b
CPU
i5-3230M
Graphics
HD 4000
HI ,
I have tried to install Mojave on my hp probook 6470b 3 times. I follow the guild to create the usb bootloader:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-probook-elitebook-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/

At the final stage while boot macOS from SSD, I got busy timout [0], (240): 'ApleACPICPU' loading for 12 mins and then I only have blank grey screen with mouse. I can not get the Language screen to finish the installation. Could someone help me with this. I have attached my EFI. thanks!

busy timeout.jpg

blank screen.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 98
HI ,
I have tried to install Mojave on my hp probook 6470b 3 times. I follow the guild to create the usb bootloader:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/

At the final stage while boot macOS from SSD, I got busy timout [0], (240): 'ApleACPICPU' loading for 12 mins and then I only have blank grey screen with mouse. I can not get the Language screen to finish the installation. Could someone help me with this. I have attached my EFI. thanks!

View attachment 438883

View attachment 438884
update your clover version to something like:

I try the new version Clover_v2.5k_r5099. here is my new EFI. Could you please have a look if i need change anything else. thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 121
I try the new version Clover_v2.5k_r5099. here is my new EFI. Could you please have a look if i need change anything else. thanks!
use a config.plist from the laptop guide untouched

how can I get rid of kextd stall? It happens to me everytime while installing. Is it normal? It will take me 15 mins to pass this one. Thanks!

Attachments

• kextd stall.jpg
    kextd stall.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 65
how can I get rid of kextd stall? It happens to me everytime while installing. Is it normal? It will take me 15 mins to pass this one. Thanks!
strange as that normally happens when an older version of clover is installed

try the one i mentioned above

Without the USB bootloader, I can still get Clover from start. And the version is old: 2.4k rev 4701. I have erased the ssd already. How can I delete it so I can use new version of the Clover from the USB. thanks for your quick and fast reply !!!

Attachments

• Clover_ old_version.jpg
    Clover_ old_version.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Without the USB bootloader, I can still get Clover from start. And the version is old: 2.4k rev 4701. I have eared the ssd already. How can I delete it so I can use new version of the Clover from the USB. thanks for your quick and fast reply !!!
form the link i gave you, download and run it and install it to your usb stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back