Contribute
Register

Grey rectangle on installation screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
GT 240
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone encountered this? Its basically a grey rectangle in the middle of the Nebula background where the option for what language you'd like to have the installer in is supposed to be.

I'm using iBoot Supported with a retail Mac OS X SL 10.6.0.

dagger said:
Has anyone encountered this? Its basically a grey rectangle in the middle of the Nebula background where the option for what language you'd like to have the installer in is supposed to be.

I'm using iBoot Supported with a retail Mac OS X SL 10.6.0.

Nope.. that's weird. Is the rectangle large enough to seem like it's just the Language window without all the content in it? Then it may be a graphics processing error.

Either way, this should be in the installation forum so more people will be able to help you! :)

jimx86 said:
Is the rectangle large enough to seem like it's just the Language window without all the content in it?
Yes, its exactly the same size. Here's the thing; I can boot and install fine if I use -x. Will booting from safe mode affect the install in any way? After I installed on my trial drive (IDE) could not boot without the iBoot CD.

dagger said:
Yes, its exactly the same size. Here's the thing; I can boot and install fine if I use -x. Will booting from safe mode affect the install in any way? After I installed on my trial drive (IDE) could not boot without the iBoot CD.

Installing with -x shouldn't affect anything, I think in the old days of Hackintoshes it was actually recommended for graphics cards that weren't supported by default.

Did you use MultiBeast after installation? That gets Chameleon on your hard drive.

Yes I did. I installed OS X Combo 10.6.4, did not reboot. In Multibeast, I installed userDSDT (using the one listed in the database), System Utilities. Rebooted to the HD using -v, and gets the "Still Waiting on root device" message.

Any thoughts on solving this?

dagger said:
In Multibeast, I installed userDSDT (using the one listed in the database), System Utilities. Rebooted to the HD using -v, and gets the "Still Waiting on root device" message.

Any thoughts on solving this?

I've never used MultiBeast myself, but did you install Chameleon RC4 with Multibeast? Or is it installed by default?

I believe its installed by default.

Re: Still waiting for root device

Yes I used the userDSDT from the database, I followed the instructions to the letter. I'm installing again now using the 80GB SATA drive I have (I was testing it out with the 40GB IDE HD I have as a spare).

Also, just curious, should I be worried I don't see the introduction video (but the sound is there) that plays at first boot?

Re: Still waiting for root device

dagger said:
Also, just curious, should I be worried I don't see the introduction video (but the sound is there) that plays at first boot?
No. Current iBoot Supported doesn't seem to enable QE/CI, so that's the reason you don't have it.

As for the missing language selection problem, never seen it on a purchased retail DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back