i7 7700 K
Graphics
Intel HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I'm stuck on the grey apple screen with iBoot Haswell - I've tried typing in some commands such as PCIRoot=0, PCIRootUID=1 or just -x or a combination - but still stuck on this screen - any helpful tips - thanks

btw it is 10.6.3 retail version

I've made one more change to the BIOS (enabled something) and used PCIRoot=0 - It's game on

But then there was a hitch - The installer was present at the language selection, but the computer had frozen / USB keyboard not working. PCIRootUID=0 was the closest yet

But I've made some more alterations, one of which was disabling the LAN which may have let the installer do it's thing - I'm not sure

Last edited:
Hi,

I did this a couple years back - I've got it up and running with the iBoot. I'm at the multi beast stage now - but I could do with learning more of what is needed so I don't mess up.

I take it I can boot Snow Leopard 10.6.8 from iBoot pending further "study" for want of a better word. I'll probably go over to post inststallation soon but any helpful comments appreciated

Hi,

I did this a couple years back - I've got it up and running with the iBoot. I'm at the multi beast stage now - but I could do with learning more of what is needed so I don't mess up.

I take it I can boot Snow Leopard 10.6.8 from iBoot pending further "study" for want of a better word. I'll probably go over to post installation soon but any helpful comments appreciated
If you can boot 10.6.8 with iBoot you will want to go ahead and download latest version Mac OS the MAS will allow you to download. There is no support for Haswell/Broadwell hardware in 10.6.x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back