Contribute
Register

Grey and white snow like screen on sleep resume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im having a problem on my hackintosh recently. When I put the computer to sleep,(because it will not sleep on its own) while trying to wake it, the screen looks like when a TV doesnt get reception. If I press the power button, everything goes back to OSX fine. What could this be?

Dlauth said:
Im having a problem on my hackintosh recently. When I put the computer to sleep,(because it will not sleep on its own) while trying to wake it, the screen looks like when a TV doesnt get reception. If I press the power button, everything goes back to OSX fine. What could this be?

My 9800 GT does that sometimes on wake, but after ~5 seconds or so it usually snaps out of it and works fine.

Same thing here, with a GTS250. I haven't seen it occur since I updated to 10.6.4/installed those new nVidia drivers, but that could just be a coincidence.

I don't use system sleep, but I do use display sleep.

my system wont sleep by itself anyway, only display. I can manually sleep the monitor and machine no prob.

Ah, jinxed myself, this morning I woke it up and the second monitor was snowy. First one was fine though.

If you have a single monitor and a dual-DVI card, try switching the DVI port the screen is attached to.

I get this, occasionally I get it randomly in one of two dual monitors. Turning the monitor off and on fixes it.

Happened to me once w 9800GTX+ rebooted and hasnt happened again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back