Contribute
Register

Green Screen on Apple TV/Red Screen on Netflix ( DRM Failure/ OpenCore 0.6.4 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MPG z690 Edge WIFI
CPU
i7 12700KF
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have just installed Big Sur successfully on a very old i7 2600 Sandy Bridge PC. My graphics card is a RX 570 8 GB and shows Fully Supported VDA Decoder.
I have tried many SMBIOS options and al the ShikiGVA modes but I am always left with a green screen on Apple TV or a red one on Netflix. Audio is working fine.

For now I have the iMac Pro 1.1 SMBIOS and almost everything is working. is there something I have overlooked.
Attach files: See my config.plist for more information!

Thank u very much!

Grz Jerry

Attachments

• config.plist
    30.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Some extra info:

Everything seems to be successfully activated: H264 en HEVC are working, detected by Videoproc, Hardware acceleration is supported and DVA decoder shows fully supported.
The DRM test videos are all working, so that's another strange thing.
I thought that the Asrock RX 570 8 GB would support iMac Pro 1.1 Smbios out of the box, but that really ain't the case.

Still, netflix= red screen in safari+ Apple TV = green screen in the app version.

Om I overlooking something? I did use migration assistant from Catalina to Big Sur and also migrated the System settings. Maybe it had something to do with that? Some thing to do with the Big Sur system settings?

grz Jerry

Some extra info:

Everything seems to be successfully activated: H264 en HEVC are working, detected by Videoproc, Hardware acceleration is supported and DVA decoder shows fully supported.
I thought that the Asrock RX 570 8 GB would support iMac Pro 1.1 Smbios out of the box, but that really ain't the case.

Still, netflix= red screen in safari+ Apple TV = green screen in the app version.

Om I overlooking something? I did use migration assistant from Catalina to Big Sur and also migrated the System settings. Maybe it had something to do with that? Some thing to do with the Big Sur system settings?

grz Jerry
Greetings. Apparently DRM is broken on Safari right now as the Dortania guide notes. I am on the more recent version of WEG and Lilu and still can't play Apple Music videos or Netflix/Prime Video on Safari (black screen on Netflix. "Video not available" on Prime). Vivaldi and Chrome works fine.
Captura de Pantalla 2020-12-16 a la(s) 6.41.21 p.m..png

Some extra info:

grz Jerry
You can check this thread too: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/drm-is-broken-on-big-sur-11-0-1.306487/

I'm using opencore, also sandy bridge 2600k i7.

Adding unfairgva=1 did the trick for me.

<key>NVRAM</key>
<dict>
<key>Add</key>
<dict>
<key>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
<dict>
<key>SystemAudioVolume</key>
<data>
Rg==
</data>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>-v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 alcid=1 unfairgva=1</string>