Contribute
Register

{GREAT SUCCESS} - Yo Mang's Hack Pro - 3930K / GTX670 / Sabertooth X79 (56k Warn!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey mate great build and great guide

i just have one question about the GPU

i have the same GPU except mine is from asus but did you do anything more to gain full acceleration and performance in games ? i tried some games and the fps isnt so impressive for a card like this

please help me get full power out of my card on my hackintosh

Thanks for the build. I have a question about RAID 0, though.
I'm looking to purchase to purchase 3 SSDs for R0 (overkill, I know...) so is that possible with this board? Since there are only 2 Intel SATA3 ports on the Sabertooth motherboard, would I have to use a SATA2 port for the 3rd SSD?

Thanks.

Great build!!! It inspired me to create my own I used all the same parts however I'm having trouble installing ML 10.8 for the first time I filled the steps accurately to creat a bootable flash drive using unibeast and ML downloaded from the App Store but I'm getting stuck on the white apple logo screen with no spinning wheel. I tried boot flags -x -v -f PCIRootUID=0 and even GraphicsEnabler=No can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong could it be my bios setting Please Help!!!!! Again I'm using the same parts as Yo Mangs: asus x79 sabertooth mobo, i7 3930k CPU, gigabyte GeForce gtx 670 GPU, 16gb ram, and a OCZ vertex 4 128gb SSD

Any help would be greatly appreciated as you can all see a lot of money was put into these parts and I would just like to get it up an running and hopefully submit my build in the "Golden Builds" forum. Thank you again for your time

Yo Mang, can I ask what settings you change in your BIOS to achieve a 4.6GHz overclock?

I'm running a similar build but with a P9X79 Pro motherboard, and I'm new to overclocking. My system is currently at 4.2GHz (came like that from the people who built my system) and it's getting a respectable 18,099 on Geekbench, but I'd like to push 20,000 if possible. I have water cooling so clocking up to 4.6GHz should be safe, but I'd be grateful if you could offer specific advice as to which BIOS settings to change? Thanks! :thumbup:

Hi Yo Mang, me and my friend built pretty much exactly the same build except we can't get the audio working. Multibeast 5.2.1 (the latest one) doesn't have some of the kexts you selected and with the NON-DSDT ALC892, everything is recognized but there's still no working sound. What do you recommend?

How to updated from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3

I ask a lot of questions on these forums and don't often have the chance to offer solutions.

Apple has just released their 10.8.3 OS update. I can confirm that I have just done the update with no breakages... apart from one.

I have a pretty much identical build to Yo Mangs (My only differences are: RAM is 1866MHz & my SSD's are 840 Pro's).

Bob Roche just published a video which explains it all:

[video=youtube;_KRxCv6dVuw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KRxCv6dVuw[/video]
Or click here to watch

I used Apples native "Software Update", rather than a "combo update" and it worked fine. The only issue as mentioned in the video was that the audio stopped working.

Based on [post=484457]Tom Sawyers[/post] methods, all you need to do is reinstall the kexts using an older version of MultiBeast as the latest versions simply doesn't have the drivers we need anymore.

Download Multibeast 4.6.1

And apply only the following settings:

• Audio/Realtek ALC8xxx/Unified Device Injector/ALC8xxxHDA
  • Audio/Realtek ALC8xxx/AppleHDA Rollback
  • Audio/Realtek ALC8xxx/Non-DSDT HDAEnabler/ALC892
Or for a more visual representation:

And after a reboot, you should be good to go. I didn't have to adjust or fix anything at all.

lukas77 - The audio kext solution should fix your problem too.

[EDIT]

Not sure if it was the update from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 or the recent updates I just make for the Adobe CS6 suite. Either way, my Nvidia CUDA cores settings were reverted back. I just repeated Yo Mangs original "Enabling CUDA Acceleration for Adobe CS6" instructions. And just to be safe I also repeated the "Enabling OpenCL" guide too. After Effects and Premier are both back to using GPU Cuda Cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back