Contribute
Register

{great success} - Mikhail's Video Editing Hack Pro - 3930k/ GTX670/ SabertoothX79/ H100i/ 3x Vertex4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mikhail

Thanks for bringing me that far!!!

I'm very excited - I built almost the same system according to your very detailed (!!!) step-by-step manual. It's great to have people around who share their know how. So thanks for that.

Now, I'm having some troubles. And maybe you (or other friendly people in this thread) know how to proceed.

At the moment, I have an almost perfectly running machine.
But startup succeeds only every tenth time or so. Most of the times, when the desktop should be displayed, I get "no signal detected".

I tried to fix that the two last days.

> I connected only one monitor at one time. No signal output. I checked the other outputs of my card. No signal.

> I switched cards (GTX 580, GTX 285, GT 120). No signal output.

> I updated BIOS of motherboard. No change.

But the funny thing is, about every tenth time, I get to the Mac OS X desktop quite normally. And then everything works. Even when I didn't change a thing in the meantime.

Strange, isn't it?

I love the system - but being able only to successfully reboot every tenth time or so is quite a pity :(

> On windows: no problem at all.

> I tried PCIRootUID=Yes and No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No, npci=0x3000 and 0x2000... even a misterious EHCIhard=Yes which I found in the Internet... no change.

> Also when I remove all extra components (Intensity Pro Card, FireWire800 Card, all external drives, USB-stuff...)... no change!

> I even changed the wires from the Power Supply Unit! (but as my GT 120 card doesn't need extra power, it's not the PSU).

> I changed PCI slots... no difference.

I'm more than helpless at the moment :(

Maybe you can give me a hint into the right direction? That would be soooo superb!

(and by the way, except of the graphics cards, I have the same components like you Mikhail, same motherboard Sabertooth X79 and same RAM).

In the meantime I go back asking google... (no success so far.)

Thanks!

I've managed to get a stable result!!!

Always when I'm using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, the desktop will be displayed. But only in a limited resolution, but fast graphics.

So at least we have a first clue now what's causing the problem.

Yay!

I've managed to get a stable result!!!

Always when I'm using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, the desktop will be displayed. But only in a limited resolution, but fast graphics.

So at least we have a first clue now what's causing the problem.

Yay!
im glad my steps helped you. As far as your booting issue I'm not sure what could be the problem, did you update to the newest version of chimera. Which graphics card are you using?

Dear Mikhail,

Because of you, your thread and your greats posts I got my Hac Pro working properly!! It took a while but as you told me.
To build a Hac Pro is a marathon not a sprint! Such a great sentence!!

I had as well my micro overclock until 4.0 GHz. The temperatures are about 38º Celsius ( I think is perfect, isn't it?)

The only thing makes me worry after boot and only after boot the computer, both Hackintosh and windows 8.
Just because after a few minutes of use the BOOT_DEVICE_LED turns on in the motherboard (Asus Sabertooth X79 ) and remains on in red.

I have no idea why it happens because it boots everything OK, but after a while this BOOT_DEVICE_LED it turns on and keeps turned on while I am playing or surfing the web or whatever.

I have searched on google about it, some users said they have the led on and the computer does not boot, but mine does. I did not found results of anyone with the same issue after boot.

Thanks in advance.

No red BOOT_DEVICE_LED here...

and regarding my other issue, I found out the following:

system startup works only if I set the desktop resolution to something below 1920x1080. After startup in a lower resolution, I can switch to 1920x1080 with no problems. But starting up in 1920x1080 causes in approx. 9 of 10 cases a "no signal detected" error instead of the desktop.

I feel this is a driver issue of Mac OS X 10.8.3. They are working on graphics drivers in 10.8.4. so I'll wait a bit for that. Or downgrade to 10.8.2... (others have the same issue on 10.8.3...)

Dear Mikhail,

Because of you, your thread and your greats posts I got my Hac Pro working properly!! It took a while but as you told me.
To build a Hac Pro is a marathon not a sprint! Such a great sentence!!

I had as well my micro overclock until 4.0 GHz. The temperatures are about 38º Celsius ( I think is perfect, isn't it?)

The only thing makes me worry after boot and only after boot the computer, both Hackintosh and windows 8.
Just because after a few minutes of use the BOOT_DEVICE_LED turns on in the motherboard (Asus Sabertooth X79 ) and remains on in red.

I have no idea why it happens because it boots everything OK, but after a while this BOOT_DEVICE_LED it turns on and keeps turned on while I am playing or surfing the web or whatever.

I have searched on google about it, some users said they have the led on and the computer does not boot, but mine does. I did not found results of anyone with the same issue after boot.

Thanks in advance.
im not sure about the red LED light but yes your temperatures are fine never let them exceed 60-70 Celsius

Dear Mikhail, I have set up my Raid 0

I get 500MB/s Read and 260MB/s Write speed.... how much do you get?

I think everything works fine!
but when I do overclocking sometimes appears the following problems:

1) BOOT_DEVICE_LED is illuminated during pc is running.
2) My system says I have 28GB RAM when I have 4 x 8 = 32GB (that happens sometimes when I change the frecuency from 1333mhz to 1600mhz)

weird isn't it?

Greetings!

Dear Mikhail, I have set up my Raid 0

I get 500MB/s Read and 260MB/s Write speed.... how much do you get?

I think everything works fine!
but when I do overclocking sometimes appears the following problems:

1) BOOT_DEVICE_LED is illuminated during pc is running.
2) My system says I have 28GB RAM when I have 4 x 8 = 32GB (that happens sometimes when I change the frecuency from 1333mhz to 1600mhz)

weird isn't it?

Greetings!
my read/write speeds are posted below. They are a bit higher but thats just due to brand of ssds I chose

my read/write speeds are posted below. They are a bit higher but thats just due to brand of ssds I chose

Yeahh, I remember you have posted but I still did not found it.
Your Thread has almost 10 Pages!

How are you doing with your video? Which video editor do you like more?

Greetings

Yeahh, I remember you have posted but I still did not found it.
Your Thread has almost 10 Pages!

How are you doing with your video? Which video editor do you like more?

Greetings
read speeds: 700mb/s write speeds: 500mb/s

Im more into video effects so I use Adobe After Effects CS6 with Elements 3D and I haven't yet started the video Im in the middle of moving so Im waiting till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back