Great build except Wifi card not working/detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

So I've just finished my first build, everything went great except for one thing.
My TP-Link WDN4800 Pci-e card is not recognised by the system, and I'm pretty sure it's not working (max 2mb/s speed instead of way more).

I've checked the system report -> WI-FI -> Interfaces, and here's what I get :
Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x3112)

I''ve also run the drivers from the TP-Link website, which are telling me that no wireless card are recognised...

Did anyone have the same problem ?

Let me know if you need more details on my hardware/software installation process in order to help.

Best

/Mat

Hi,

So I've just finished my first build, everything went great except for one thing.
My TP-Link WDN4800 Pci-e card is not recognised by the system, and I'm pretty sure it's not working (max 2mb/s speed instead of way more).

I've checked the system report -> WI-FI -> Interfaces, and here's what I get :
Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x3112)

I''ve also run the drivers from the TP-Link website, which are telling me that no wireless card are recognised...

Did anyone have the same problem ?

Let me know if you need more details on my hardware/software installation process in order to help.

Best

/Mat

As ridiculous as it sounds, try moving it to a different PCIe slot. Sometimes certain cards can be picky about which order they're installed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back