Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hallo!
I have been trying to boot to the installer of Yosemite for days..... i am completely lost!

Using unibeast on a prepared 16GB stick.
-Booting to unibeast goes well
-When i want to go/ load to the Yosemite installer i get the gray screen with an Apple!
-But after two minutes or so the Apple disappears. The computer waits for ever and nothing happens.

I have tried -x /-v and so on. in verbose mode i see that somewhere on installing the USB drivers the installation of Yosemitty stops...........................................

Please HELP ME

mobo- intel DH55HC
CPU- Intel i3 550
graphics- internal- dvi- HP flat 1076 x 768
HD-unused WD Green 1TB

Nothing connected to anything except mouse and keyboard (apple) and screen (dvi)

I was hoping for some feedback. But maybe i need to give some more details. If so please tell me what is needed. I really like this to work out. Or if it's hopeless i also like to know so i can install Ubuntu.

Thanks in advance for time and trouble.

Oz.

I was hoping for some feedback. But maybe i need to give some more details. If so please tell me what is needed. I really like this to work out. Or if it's hopeless i also like to know so i can install Ubuntu.

Thanks in advance for time and trouble.

Oz.

The i3-550 processor does not have supported graphics for OS X. You would need to add a GPU to get further. Here is some threads using your motherboard - most installations will be on Mountain Lion or earlier I expect. It should give you plenty of handy pointers though.

Thanks Adrian B.

You helped me on the way.

For the people having the same problem (stalling install on h55 board with only integrated graphics)
Just delete:
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
(located in:
System/Library/Extensions )
and you can install yosemite!!!! You will end up with a fast machine with ultra slow graphics.

Simpel when you now
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back