Graphics
XFX 6870 2GB Dual Fan
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First of all, my apologies. I originally posted this in the "Post Installation" section of the Forum as I had not noticed this section. My bad. I have now read through this section and could not find any discussing the problem I am having. Maybe it's just me. I really hope some one has a clue how to help me with this one.
I've just had to re-install OSX due to a hard drive problem and now when I set GraphicsEnabler=Yes in org.chameleon.plist it does not take effect and it is still booting up with GraphicsEnabler not running.

Here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist incase it helps anyone to shine some light on this....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Gibba</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002 010c00d041030a0100000001010600061c0101060000007fff 0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e00000005 00000001</string>
</dict>
</plist>

And still it boots showing.......
ATI Radeon HD NI40:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD NI40
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6739
Revision ID: 0x0000

The graphics card is an XFX 6850 and I know it works flawlessly with GraphicsEnabler because it has been up till now.
When I have had it running under GraphicsEnabler the card shows up as "ATI Radeon HD 6850". I just need to know how to get back there.
Before installing Chimera when I was using iBoot and gave it the command 'Graphicsenabler=Yes' then all was wonderful and worked, so why does it not work when booting it from the hard disk?
Is there anyway to completely remove the boot loader and start afresh?
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks MacMan. I'm going to check that now although I'm not sure if that would be the cause as the only thing that has changed was me re-installing Chimera and it worked before. Still a good idea to look at that though.

Edit:
Just checked the com.apple.Boot.plist and there is nothing there which would cause conflict. Infact there is nothing there, just mach_kernel...no flags.
:(

I have just removed the entire 'Extra' folder and booted up from iBoot using the commands.....
GraphicsEnalber=Yes AtiConfig=Gibba AtiPorts=4

.....and no change. GraphicsEnalber is still not working.
Could the problem be in the boot header? The reason I ask is because the problem only appeared after I installed Chimera. Perhaps some thing went wrong when I installed it. I have tried re-installing it with no effect.

I'm on my iPad mostly,but when I post a replies on my desktop while still being logged in on the iPad it tells me that my posting must be checked first....
I have post ( I think twice ) the output you asked for. What was it that you are looking to find in it?

OK.....first, sorry for taking so long to reply my little girl was using the computer to play Sonic.
I have type the following into terminal.... 'nvram -p >file'
..and the file is attached.

Attachments

• file.txt
    239 bytes · Views: 420
I did it and out put it to a text file again.
Then I realized I had had set GraphicsEnabler=No so I rebooted to do it again only when I rebooted I lost my second display and have only a resolution of 1400x1050.
I have gone to terminal and done it again.
Here are the two test files.....file01.txt the output when I booted from HD with GraphicsEnalber=No
file02.txt is the output after I change GraphicsEnalber back to Yes and rebooted.

Attachments

• file01.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 443
  • file02.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 423
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back