Motherboard
Gigabyte - Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7 2600
Graphics
H6850
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
what is the difference between these two setting.

graphic card running at full speed and other are not at fullspeed?

please explain so i can have a better understanding.

Here is an older article on GraphicsEnabler, that might help:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... ation.html

Some cards require GraphcsEnabler=NO this does not mean they are not running at full acceleration, they may be doing so by another method, such as built-in Lion support or a different kext/method. If you look at the Graphics card database, you will see that many (maybe most) ATI cards require NO in order to work while most nVidea require YES.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.ph ... d_Database

Im using GE=yes for my 6870, is this required since Lion natively supports the 6870... I wonder? Whats everyone else using for 6870? ;)

Guy, what do i have to do inorder to get my GraphicsEnabler 64 bit.

NOw i'm using GraphicEnabler=No to boot up lion. I'm using Asus EAH6850 graphic card and it only show 6xxx as the model?

any help?

I think GE=NO is correct for that card. If you want to try YES, stop boot at the Chimera screen (space bar at TonyMac screen) and type GraphicsEnabler=YES, this only affects one restart, no permanent changes.

If that works better....MultiBeast/Customization/Boot Options....

SnapMan said:
I think GE=NO is correct for that card. If you want to try YES, stop boot at the Chimera screen (space bar at TonyMac screen) and type GraphicsEnabler=YES, this only affects one restart, no permanent changes.

If that works better....MultiBeast/Customization/Boot Options....
Do you think there will be any different in performance between GE= YES AND NO?

You have to see if it will boot in both configurations....my experience is cards that need GE=NO won't boot with YES, I haven't tried it the other way. But as I stated, boot flags don't change your OS or HDD, so it is safe to try it out and see whether it changes anything.

Do you have QE/CI working? In Lion you have to go to System Preferences/Mission Control and uncheck box for Show Dashboard as a Space. Then drop and drag a new Widget, if it ripples you have QE/CI.

SnapMan said:
You have to see if it will boot in both configurations....my experience is cards that need GE=NO won't boot with YES, I haven't tried it the other way. But as I stated, boot flags don't change your OS or HDD, so it is safe to try it out and see whether it changes anything.

Do you have QE/CI working? In Lion you have to go to System Preferences/Mission Control and uncheck box for Show Dashboard as a Space. Then drop and drag a new Widget, if it ripples you have QE/CI.
I don't think i have QE/CI on the system preference or Mission Control either.

QE/CI is available in neither System Preferences or Mission Control. I posted a method of how to test whether it is working or not, please re-read it....I have added a bit more information to avoid any confusion:

In Lion you have to go to System Preferences/Mission Control and uncheck the box for Show Dashboard as a Space. Close System Preferences and open Dashboard (double click in dock) then drop and drag a new Widget, if you see ripples QE/CI is activated.

That is the easiest way to determine if it is working or not.

SnapMan said:
QE/CI is available in neither System Preferences or Mission Control. I posted a method of how to test whether it is working or not, please re-read it....I have added a bit more information to avoid any confusion:

In Lion you have to go to System Preferences/Mission Control and uncheck the box for Show Dashboard as a Space. Close System Preferences and open Dashboard (double click in dock) then drop and drag a new Widget, if you see ripples QE/CI is activated.

That is the easiest way to determine if it is working or not.
i'm not sure if it ripples or not, but it looks like a ballon pop. Is that same like ripple? when i throw something from the dash to the desktop, it looks like a balloon pop with little flake out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back