Contribute
Register

Graphics Testing / Benchmarking Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if we might think about using the 'GPU Test' set of benchmarking tools.
They are a little more simple to set and run and includes a whole host of popular benchmarking tools.

There are also minimal options to set, and so we should get a more standardised set of results to compare.

I for one am getting more realistic results with my 980ti compared to say Cinebench, which still refuses to run properly on my rig for some reason.

I think it's good to run a range of tests, given that each has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Of course, the biggest thing, synthetic tests aside, is seeing the relative performance in actual applications, whether video or photo editing/GPU acceleration, gaming, etc.

I don't know if it is of interest, but I ran BruceX 5K

relevant system setup:

Xeon X5650 OC to 4.2 Ghz on all cores
El Capitan 10.11.2 via Clover legacy
X58a-ud3r Mobo
XFX ATI 5770 single slot (mDP, 2x DVI)
FCPX 10.2.1 w/ Libraries on RAID 0 running 2x 1TB 7200 drives on Sata 2
Export location MX100 SSD on SATA 2

Average of three runs: 44.8 seconds

Hopefully I'll be able to test an R9 290 if I can get it up and running.

I don't know if it is of interest, but I ran BruceX 5K

relevant system setup:

Xeon X5650 OC to 4.2 Ghz on all cores
El Capitan 10.11.2 via Clover legacy
X58a-ud3r Mobo
XFX ATI 5770 single slot (mDP, 2x DVI)
FCPX 10.2.1 w/ Libraries on RAID 0 running 2x 1TB 7200 drives on Sata 2
Export location MX100 SSD on SATA 2

Average of three runs: 44.8 seconds

Hopefully I'll be able to test an R9 290 if I can get it up and running.

Same as above, but with the R9 290 (black screen), logged in with remote management, now on 10.11.3

~18 seconds.

It's so much faster, but a shame because I can't get the screen to change from black to on no matter what I do. :(

Added my results in the Google doc ;)

I started a topic about overclocking NVIDIA GPU in OSX (it's working :D) ... and finished by benchmarking with my GTX 980 on different OSX versions, Nvidia Drivers, SMBIOS, kext edits etc ... to try to understand impact of everything on perfs and how it works all together.

Used Luxmark 3.1, CinebenchR15, BruceX and Unigine at each step.

Conclusions: Nvidia Drivers are the most important thing and can double perfs (on FCPX or Unigine) when optimised.
Luxmark don't care of drivers (but do to GPU Core speed).
Cinebench R15 don't care of drivers too, getting stupid score on it, didn't found any solution for now :/

If you wanna have a look on all results and things I understood: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/185253-ideas-try-get-overclocked-nvidia-card-natively-work.html

Thanks for all of the great information! I would be totally lost without this site and the people contributing.

Working on my first Hackintosh and it is certainly a different experience. Both good and bad. But, things are coming together. Had a heck of a time with getting stable, flicker free images on the monitor. I got frustrated with getting the Intel integrated graphics working and bought a Gigabyte GEFORCE GTX 750Ti 4.

After many trips to this site and mods to Clover, MultiBeast, etc, I "fixed" the Intel problems kind of by accident. I still have the problem where the monitor goes to sleep near the end of booting when the Nvidia Web Driver is active. That is so much fun when that happens. At least we are making progress!

My 380X 'only' gets 9673 in LuxMark. That's lower than the 380. Have I setup something wrong?

Hardware listed at left, running Mac OS X 10.11.6. Relatively new build.

Attachments

• 2016-07-26 f02 nVidia Driver.png
    2016-07-26 f02 nVidia Driver.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 346
  • Open GL Benchmark Result 07:27:2016.jpg
    Open GL Benchmark Result 07:27:2016.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 376
  • 2016-07-27 Geekbench 3 Finished.jpg
    2016-07-27 Geekbench 3 Finished.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 322
Hardware listed at left, running Mac OS X 10.11.6. Relatively new build.

how did you get turbo boost? , i got a 6700 and didn't pass 3,7 ghz

Captura de pantalla 2016-09-03 a las 13.51.28.png

thnx so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back