Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 560Ti 1024MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi finally got my install up and running correctly after the Multibeast "Fix" in http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/62157-multibeast-install-failed.html

I was having this issue before that fix but hoped that re-loading my DSDT might have solved it!

What happens is that after a while (seemingly random) the screen freezes but still allows movement of the mouse. I can see the state that the machine was in at the point of crash (including time) but I don't know how to get a log of what went wrong. This morning I was updating my XCode and it froze before the end of the install. Turning it off and on again showed a correctly installed update (as far as I could tell) so it made me think that it was purely a graphical glitch. Tried the NVidia kext from multibeast and got the "Please restart your computer" message. At that point I had to go to work so couldn't -v or anything to diagnose the problem.

Anyone had anything similar? Any known fixes?

Tempted to update my bios and DSDT tonight but I am not entirely sure how that's normally done...Do you update bios, run with DSDT=Null and then run multibeast again?

Strangely enough, changing the system definition from Mac Pro to iMac fixed this issue! Hope it helps others! :)

Strangely enough, changing the system definition from Mac Pro to iMac fixed this issue! Hope it helps others! :)

So, maybe you had the same problem that I'm having. My mouse would move the cursor around the screen, but clicking on anything was useless, and the keyboard would also be useless. After several minutes this would no longer be a problem. I have been using safe mode to get around that, but it seems to be causing other problems. I'm going to have to try this. Hope it works. I'll try after work. Thanks!

Spoke too soon!
Got the Channel timeout message in my log file. Resulted in a spinning beach ball with no response.

UEFI bios is up for my board so now running that.

Took a while because I decided not to delete the DSDT (opting to just disable it on first boot) but didn't realise DSDT=null was case sensitive xD

Will see if I get the same issues still

Did you get this sorted ?

We have almost identical riggs and I have the same issue !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back