Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Z77X-UD5H
i5 3570K
HD4000
2x8GB 1600MHz RAM

I had my system up and running well and decided I wanted a bluetooth keyboard and Magic Mouse. I had those up and running fine without any issues. Then the bluetooth keyboard disconnected and was being difficult, so I plugged my Apple wired USB keyboard into the front USB 3.0 port that had been working fine and my screen decided to do this:
IMG_0771.jpg

Several users have reported this same issue, but only before the most current version of Multibeast. I have reviewed my BIOS settings and nothing has changed. My temporary fix is to put the computer to sleep with Command-Option-Eject. Upon wake up I can sometimes use the computer, but the graphics are hugely distorted only showing the upper left portion of the screen.

IMG_0768.jpgIMG_0769.jpgIMG_0770.jpg

Yet the unit reads my graphics as all working properly.

The only other things that let me know what is going on are the Debug LED Codes. Even when the screen is scrambled it reads A0 which is normal. After I wake from sleep to resolve the screen it reads D3 (not sure why they don't use a lower case d. it looks like a 0) The code states that some of the architecture is not available.

IMG_0772.jpgIMG_0773.jpg

I have reloaded Multibeast without success. The issue seemed to come from nowhere and I can't seem to find a fix. I'd prefer not to reload OSX as I have already migrated all my files over. I'm sure there's a fix and I'm just not searching for the correct terms.

There is an error message that appears on occasion that reads "improper startup" or something to that effect. Saying something in the startup library isn't there. This may be the key. But I have not been able to use the computer long enough to search the library for this. It will freeze on occasion and other graphics issues are keeping me from using the unit.

I managed to get the unit to start in Safe Mode and it seems to be working properly. Here is a screenshot of the error message. Looks like it's just for my pen tablet, but it could be something else.

Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 11.55.32 AM.png

Where else should I be looking to get this working properly? Why is it I can boot in Safe Mode just fine, but it has issues otherwise?

Decided WTH and updated BIOS from F14 to F15q and reset my settings in there. Also did a quick Repair Permissions with these results:

Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 12.45.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-26 at 12.45.33 PM.png

I'll be restarting the computer now and see what happens. I'm still in Safe Mode. The graphics are working, but flicker when there is an online ad or when I tried to post the above pics. I doubt anything will change, but I'm crossing my fingers.

Restart didn't seem to do anything. I tried to boot norma, verbose, and then safe mode. I'm working in safe mode right now. Not sure where I should be looking for issues. I'll go back through Multibeast and see if I missed something. I doubt I did, but it's worth a try.

Here are my current Multibeast settings:

Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 1.05.04 PM.jpg

The only thing not showing is my system definition set to iMac 12,2. I had it set to this before. I can remove or replace this if needed, but don't see a need right now. What else should I be looking at?

My BIOS is set up per this site for internal graphics. I'm at a loss.

The solution is under the Multibeast settings for Customization and Boot Options. You need to set the screen settings to 1080p. Not sure why my system worked without this, but it seems to be working now. If others are having issues, you might install this in Multibeast and then adjust your screen resolution in the Chameleon Boot plist file in the Extras folder to your screens native resolution.

My system seems to be functioning for now. I'm going to try and install this Apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse again and see if I can break my system again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back