Graphics
GeForce gt 740 sc
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey guys, i finally have everything running with one small problem that my graphics are lagging.

in 'about this mac' my gpu shows as 'nvidia chip model 7 mb'. but it isn't,
its a geforce 740 2gb.

i have tried using boot args nvda_dvr=1. Graphics enabler=no and kext-dev-mode=1.

In the Multi beast install i selected the setting for intel hd 3000.

the graphics were working perfectly and were identified correctly in 'about this mac' but somehow they have changed. After windows install i believe!.

i have tried system definitions iMac 15,1. 14,2 and 14,1. Also mac pro 5,1 and 3,1
but no luck.

Any ideas?

thanks!

hey guys, i finally have everything running with one small problem that my graphics are lagging.

in 'about this mac' my gpu shows as 'nvidia chip model 7 mb'. but it isn't,
its a geforce 740 2gb.

i have tried using boot args nvda_dvr=1. Graphics enabler=no and kext-dev-mode=1.

In the Multi beast install i selected the setting for intel hd 3000.

the graphics were working perfectly and were identified correctly in 'about this mac' but somehow they have changed. After windows install i believe!.

i have tried system definitions iMac 15,1. 14,2 and 14,1. Also mac pro 5,1 and 3,1
but no luck.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Assuming you are running El Capitan using Clover. Set Inject/NVidia to false.

how do i do that?

i can't see anything in clover config that says set to false, only the tick box that says inject nvidia on the graphics tab which i have tried having on and off with no luck.

thank you

how do i do that?

i can't see anything in clover config that says set to false, only the tick box that says inject nvidia on the graphics tab which i have tried having on and off with no luck.

thank you

Post your config.plist.

here you go

:)

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 206
here you go

:)

The Inject/NVidia - False in your boot arguments isn't doing anything. Since you are using nvda_drv=1, I assume you have installed the Nvidia web drivers?

yeah i thought not, i just didn't know how to do it so thought id try typing in boot args...
and yes i have the drivers installed..

yeah i thought not, i just didn't know how to do it so thought id try typing in boot args...
and yes i have the drivers installed..

Your config file looks ok after a quick scan. You aren't injecting Nvidia and you have the right boot flags. Did you install any kexts?

i have installed one kext i can't remember what it was.. it was from this site in order to try and fix the graphics i believe but it hasn't obviously !

i have installed one kext i can't remember what it was.. it was from this site in order to try and fix the graphics i believe but it hasn't obviously !

You shouldn't have installed any kext besides those supplied in the Nvidia Web Driver installation. Do a sort by date added in the System/Library/Extensions folder and you might be able to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back