Contribute
Register

Graphics issues. I can’t decide for half a year. Asus RX580 8GB (Rog Strix O8G) (Freezing, pink stripes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z370-g Gaming mATX (wi-fi)
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi everyone! I need help!

I honestly tried to figure it out myself for a long time, but I could not defeat the problem (

Symptoms:
1. During system startup, when the apple logo is displayed, pink stripes appear.
2. The interface is freezing after an hour of its work
3. During freezing, the sound appears, crackling from the speakers of the monitors !!!
4. If you connect monitors (I have two monitors `24 FullHD 1/hdmi, 2/display port) to the connectors of the motherboard and run the system on the integrated graphics of the processor i7 8700, then there are no problems.

No other problems were noticed. Sound works at layout 7.

My hardware:
Motherboard - Asus Rog Strix Z370 - G Gaming (Wi-Fi)
Processor - Intel i7 8700 (not "k")
RAM - Corsair Vengence 2x8 3200 Mhz (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
Video card - Asus Rog Strix RX580 O8G 8GB
Store (NVME M.2) - A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro (ASX8200PNP-512GT-C)
Power supply - Bequeit Straight Power 11 650W

I tried different versions of clover. Now the last 5104.
I have the latest versions of kext:
- AppleALC.kext
- FakeSMC.kext
- Lilu.kext
- WhateverGreen.kext

Drivers list:
- ApfsDriverLoader.efi
- AptioMemoryFix.efi
- SMCHelper.efi

What I do wrong? Maybe there are not enough drivers or kexts? Maybe I’m not connecting something or not adjusting it correctly config.plist

I hasten to post it, otherwise, the system will hang again)))

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 49
  • debug.txt
    24.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Try applying the Black Screen Patch for vega RX580 and have a look at @pastrychef awesome guide
Screenshot 2020-02-24 at 19.22.13.png

Last edited:
When there is a hang in the logs, register this:

- Feb 25 19:41:28 Alexs-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.PubSub.Agent[890]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.pubsub.ipc

- Feb 25 19:41:28 Alexs-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.PubSub.Agent[890]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.pubsub.notification

- Feb 25 19:41:32 Alexs-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.DumpGPURestart): Service only ran for 1 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 9 seconds.

Original is my first EFI folder. Now I use an EFI folder as an example pastrychef

Attachments

• EFI by pastrychef.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 67
  • Original EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 56
Yes, all of this EFI run my mac

Yes, all of this EFI run my mac

When you reboot, is there a kernel panic log?

If yes, please copy/paste the entire log here.

Also, please post a picture of the pink stripes.

Have you tested in Windows or Linux? Do you experience the same freezes and/or pink stripes?

If the system is stable after you pull out the video card, there's a possibility that the video card may just be defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back