Graphics
XFX 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so Ive read, re-read and tried all other existing fixes for 6xxx series cards, my fault seems different and after around 20 fresh installs all of which fail, Im struggling!

My system is an Asrock Z68m itx board, 2600k, with a XFX 6870 GPU. I can install fine without the GPU on the HD3000 integrated graphics using Multi beast and get everything to work fine at native 1920x1080 res. As soon as I plug in my GPU it all goes downhill. First of all the GPU is recognised correctly in the Displays screen as a 6870 but when I boot I get screen tear, artifacts and cannot use anything it just freezes. If I put in npci=ox3000 to force it back to onboard i get a Kernel panic, Ive tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes/no and -v just boots as usual but then either white screens or crashes with above symptoms!

Im at my wits end! Any ideas guys please??? Have tried Ati kernel removal fix from other thread, no joy!

Thanks in advance!

Ok so after 3 further attempts I got a little further along. I did a fresh install without the GPU and then Shut down, installed GPU and restarted, bingo!! All working with correct GPU recognised. BUT!!! After shutdown and restart, allI get is White screen and Kernel Panics, does anyone have any ideas? PLeeease??

I can successfully boot into ML with the HD3000 Gpu and the monitor connected to the mobo, as soon as I swap in the BIOS to PCI Gpu and connect the DVI to that I get a grey screen with nothing and the monitor goes to sleep?? In properties Its showing the correct GPU etc, please can someone help?

No-one! Looks like Im stuck with HD3000....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back