CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I use HDMI, the graphics come through fine. However, when I connect through DVI (the monitor is actually connected via VGA, and I use a DVI to VGA adaptor - my motherboard has no VGA out), I get this problem in the picture with three overlapping screens. It's not a huge deal, but I would like to have the DVI / VGA work because I use a KVM switch with my hackintosh and my linux box, and it would save me time between switching.

I'm running 10.9.3 on a GA z77n-wifi, Intel i5-3570k, HD 4000. I built this hackintosh about two years ago.

Thanks.

IMG_0270.jpg

Can anyone help me with this? I'm still having this issue, which makes using my kvm switch a pain.

But more importantly, I just went to update to Yosemite, and booting off the USB stick I can't use HDMI . . . and the graphics were messed up in this same fashion, which is confusing because it means the issue is not with my build, right? And I don't know what to do about this, because even if I fix the issue on my build . . . it won't be fixed when booting off the Unibeast USB. Please help!

Can anyone help me with this? I'm still having this issue, which makes using my kvm switch a pain.

But more importantly, I just went to update to Yosemite, and booting off the USB stick I can't use HDMI . . . and the graphics were messed up in this same fashion, which is confusing because it means the issue is not with my build, right? And I don't know what to do about this, because even if I fix the issue on my build . . . it won't be fixed when booting off the Unibeast USB. Please help!

It could be your DVI to VGA adaptor.
However, Apple do not use VGA in their builds so there is no support for it in OS X.
Some people do report success with DVI to VGA adaptors but it does seem to almost be a matter of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back