i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys!
Can't boot into OS X since I installed the Realtek ALC 889 Codec from Multibeast
I get the error below and was told it was a graphics issue?? I'm not sure.
anyone know how i can fix this please?

Here are the current Specs:
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge
Graphics - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850
RAM - G-Skill 16GB
OSX 10.9.5 Through Combo Update

Attachments

• IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 141
I suspect you missed setting the appropriate flags when you ran Multibeast to install the audio codec, e.g. GraphicEnabler=0 or missed other settings in running Multibeast. Multibeast is powerful but settings are not necessarily intuitive. It is not simply a matter of clicking on the Realtek codec as you have discovered.
If you can boot to the desktop with Unibeast, which requires flags, rerun Multibeast with appropriate settings for your hardware.
I would try to first make sure you can boot from the hard drive and have network/internet running then again try to install sound.
If you used Voodoo I would recommend manually removing those files also.
You may want to start with restoring via Unibeast your last stable configuration from Time Machine.
The combination of that generation ATI card and an unlocked processor, as I recall having originally labored to install one with an unlocked Sandy Bridge i7 on Mountain Lion in the dim past, originally required an ATI kext substitution but I believe that is now covered in Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back