Contribute
Register

Graphics glitch intel HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the key is : OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and not OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi

I never had a single glitch with my HD3000 and after the 10.11.4 update, i switched to OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi and the trouble begin, no matter what i did to fix the glitch was a failed.

Switch back to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (CSR=0x43 for let the right to change nvram) with stock HD3000 drivers and everything is back to normal.

I think that the key is : OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and not OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi

Yes... I find OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to be more agreeable in more situations than OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi.

Ah, that's a shame - it doesn't seem to work on my board (reallocation error - same as this user). I've read that it can fail when having >2 PCI-E devices attached, which I do.

Ah, that's a shame - it doesn't seem to work on my board (reallocation error - same as this user). I've read that it can fail when having >2 PCI-E devices attached, which I do.

Which laptop do you have?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

i am going to try switching to FixDrv (was on Fix2Drv for the last year or so - to support hibernation.) but no glitches is well worth it (i never let is sleep that long to need hibernation). Been plagued with glitches and artifacts ever since i got on 10.11.4 on my Lenovo T420. thanks!!!

So far so good! this seems to be the problem. so what I wonder what is wrong/different with Fix2Drv?

changing the Clover CsrActiveConfig (SIP) value to 0x43 (from 0x3) fixed up the glitch issue - so FixDrv or Fix2Drv work fine after this change.

Last edited:
Which laptop do you have?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)
I updated my profile a bit but it was mostly correct, I'm on a desktop with HD3000 graphics from a i5-2500k, plus TL-WDN4800 and GTX580. Previously also had a USB3 card attached, but removed it and it didn't help with the reallocation error.

I updated my profile a bit but it was mostly correct, I'm on a desktop with HD3000 graphics from a i5-2500k, plus TL-WDN4800 and GTX580. Previously also had a USB3 card attached, but removed it and it didn't help with the reallocation error.

This forum is laptop only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back