Contribute
Register

Graphics glitch intel HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you replying to me?

My device is 8086:0122.
Oh, so we do have a different device ID... 8086:0112 for me.

- are you using patched ACPI files?
No patched ACPI - since updating to Gigabyte's uEFI beta BIOS on GA-Z68-D3H-B3, things have worked out of the box (aside from the artifacting). I'm using Clover (legacy) as my bootloader, as Clover UEFI sometimes fails to load the kernel into memory (I've read this is a somewhat known issue for Z68 boards).

- how much memory is installed?
8GB. I've allocated 512MB to the integrated GPU and my DVMT is set to 'max' in the BIOS.

- which snb-platform-id are you injecting?
I'm using the string "EAADAA==" (10 00 03 00).

Thanks!

I'm using Clover (legacy) as my bootloader,

Make sure slide=0 is specified in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

I am using UEFI with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, which sets side=0 automatically.

8GB. I've allocated 512MB to the integrated GPU and my DVMT is set to 'max' in the BIOS.

DVMT-prealloc should be 64mb.

I'm using the string "EAADAA==" (10 00 03 00).

How you are injecting it? I ask because there are only a couple of ways without ACPI... (Devices/Arbitrary and Devices/AddProperties).

Make sure slide=0 is specified in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

I am using UEFI with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, which sets side=0 automatically.
I have slide=0 set that helped tremendously to reduce (but didn't eliminate entirely) the artifacting. I'll see if a new revision of Clover (UEFI) addressed my boot issues.

DVMT-prealloc should be 64mb.
Thanks, I'll set that.

How you are injecting it? I ask because there are only a couple of ways without ACPI... (Devices/Arbitrary and Devices/AddProperties).
Devices/AddProperties in my Clover config.plist:
Code:
<key>AddProperties</key>
<array>
	<dict>
		<key>Device</key>
		<string>IntelGFX</string>
		<key>Key</key>
		<string>AAPL,snb-platform-id</string>
		<key>Value</key>
		<data>
		EAADAA==
		</data>
	</dict>
</array>

Devices/AddProperties in my Clover config.plist:
Code:
<key>AddProperties</key>
<array>
	<dict>
		<key>Device</key>
		<string>IntelGFX</string>
		<key>Key</key>
		<string>AAPL,snb-platform-id</string>
		<key>Value</key>
		<data>
		EAADAA==
		</data>
	</dict>
</array>

You should verify it is working by checking ioreg.

You should verify it is working by checking ioreg.

Under IODeviceTree/PCI0@0/GFX0@2 I do see APPL,snb-platform-id with value <10 00 03 00>.

Under IODeviceTree/PCI0@0/GFX0@2 I do see APPL,snb-platform-id with value <10 00 03 00>.

Perfect. Hopefully, the 64mb DVMT-prealloc setting helps...

Hrm I just rebooted and my BIOS only offers 128M, 256M and 'MAX' as the available options for DVMT. I used 128M and we'll see if it's better.

Hrm I just rebooted and my BIOS only offers 128M, 256M and 'MAX' as the available options for DVMT. I used 128M and we'll see if it's better.

That is not DVMT-prealloc. That is DVMT-size.

Oh, I see. I set the memory to preallocation to 64M and DVMT to 'Max' but that made the artifacting much worse - moving grey squares and lines all over the screen. With DVMT Prealloc=512M and Max DVMT='Max' I normally I only get thin white lines here and there.

Oh, I see. I set the memory to preallocation to 64M and DVMT to 'Max' but that made the artifacting much worse - moving grey squares and lines all over the screen. With DVMT Prealloc=512M and Max DVMT='Max' I normally I only get thin white lines here and there.

The kexts definitely assume prealloc 64mb. DVMT-size I have equal results with 128mb and 256mb (I never tried Max, and I'm not sure how it differs from 256...).

I have no option for DVMT-prealloc.

I'm booting UEFI using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.... I have full CPU/IGPU power management implemented, and properly patched ACPI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back