Contribute
Register

Graphics Enabling Help Needed (AMD 7650m or HD4000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rehabman: attached are few things that might help you, before you ask :p

1. .dsl file that was causing the error i mentioned (screenshots attached earlier).
2. dsdt.aml after commenting line 36 o dsl file above.
3. ioreg dump

any help very much appreciated :)

Your ioreg shows that the HD4000 is not enabled. It is not showing in the IOService plane, yet I can see it in IOACPIPlane with the injections from the DSDT patches.

Check your BIOS settings. Maybe your Radeon is dedicated...

Haha, i didnt see the fix tnot error patch, my bad.. but i guess if my hack does the trick then my aml file should be as it should.

Your ioreg shows that the HD4000 is not enabled. It is not showing in the IOService plane, yet I can see it in IOACPIPlane with the injections from the DSDT patches.

Check your BIOS settings. Maybe your Radeon is dedicated...

Oh right, i should have specified this earlier. Bios for this laptop is stupid. i mean its so stupid that the only thing it lets you do is to change boot order, all the other settings seems to be locked/hidden (not visible at all). Couldnt find an unlocked bios for the model (saw one for a very similar model, but the model number of that didnt originally use the same bios as mine, so i suspect it wouldnt be compatible).

What does it mean if the radeon is dedicated (as far as hackintosh goes)? im screwed, or can i somehow use that in some way?

Haha, i didnt see the fix tnot error patch, my bad.. but i guess if my hack does the trick then my aml file should be as it should.

Oh right, i should have specified this earlier. Bios for this laptop is stupid. i mean its so stupid that the only thing it lets you do is to change boot order, all the other settings seems to be locked/hidden (not visible at all). Couldnt find an unlocked bios for the model (saw one for a very similar model, but the model number of that didnt originally use the same bios as mine, so i suspect it wouldnt be compatible).

What does it mean if the radeon is dedicated (as far as hackintosh goes)? im screwed, or can i somehow use that in some way?

Run DPCIManager to get a PCI inventory (or 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal). If you don't see the integrated graphics in that list, then the Radeon is dedicated and you should focus on getting it to work.

Run DPCIManager to get a PCI inventory (or 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal). If you don't see the integrated graphics in that list, then the Radeon is dedicated and you should focus on getting it to work.
I think you are correct. Attached is a screenshot, no sign of integrated graphics.

Any guides on getting the AMD 7650M running? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, i will also google around as well and see what i can dig :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 9.39.46 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 9.39.46 pm.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 236
I think you are correct. Attached is a screenshot, no sign of integrated graphics.

Any guides on getting the AMD 7650M running? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, i will also google around as well and see what i can dig :)

Unless you can enable it in BIOS... I'd say you're right... no integrated on this laptop...

Sorry... I have no experience with discrete cards. I prefer laptops without them.

Haha fair enough. Thats understandable.

If theres anyone who knows, please let me know :)

Also if i figure it out or if someone figures it out for me, ill do a quick guide for Vaio E series. :)

I pretty much hit a brick wall now...

Just to clarify, im still trying to enable this 7650m. Can anyone give me any suggestions, or if its impossible?

Couple of people at the osx86.net claims they got this card working (on same series laptop, not same model) using the following files and Clover: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3646-ati-mobility-amd-7650m-for-maverick/
Though it seems like i dont have much luck with clover. Does anyone know anything about how i would be able to use that knowledge to enable this using the multibeast method?

So far what i found was that, the device ID for the card is 6841-1200, and that device is exists in the /Volumes/<OSX Volume Name>/System/Library/Extentions/AMD6000Controller.kext/Content/Info.plist under the IOPCIMatch. Found it strange how its inside the AMD 6000 kext instead of the 7000 kext, given that its a 7650m. Also the clover files i linked above uses the AMD6000 kext as well.

Anyway, now, is there anything i could do to somehow tell it to use this kext maybe? if so, would that work, and if there is a chance, how would i go about it? Anything i can add to the org.chamelion.Boot.plist?

Also i came across this guide: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.nz/2009/12/enable-full-graphics-card-acceleration.html
It talks about the EFI String. I used such application in windows to get the string. Unsure what to do with it now (as the guide doesn't really specify) :(

Any help would be very appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back